Le Coq Sportif teams up with Look Mum No Hands! for London cycling cafe's Tour de France coverage
Venue in Old Street will also host three visits from Eurosport which will broadcast live from venue
London cycling café Look Mum No Hands! has teamed up with French sportswear brand Le Coq Sportif, back this year as supplier of jerseys to the Tour de France including the fabled maillot jaune, for its coverage of this year’s race.
Since opening its doors in Spring 2010, the café-cum-workshop on Old Street has become the capital’s go-to destination for watching big races in the company of fellow cyclists, and with Bradley Wiggins aiming to become the first rider to win the race, the venue is likely to be more popular than ever for the 99th edition of the race.
As part of its sponsorship of the café’s Tour de France coverage this year, Le Coq Sportif is hosting four special events, as follows, with anyone attending all four eligible to receive a special gift:
- Sunday 1st July- Brunch du Coq: Watch the 1st stage and enjoy a free brunch
- Saturday 14th July- Bastille day ride including boules, Ricard and a BBQ
- Saturday 21st July- Cycling quiz during the stage, with Jack from The Bike Show
- Sunday 22nd July- Grand Arrivé! Massive Champagne piss-up, er party.
The Look Mum No Hands shop will also be selling Le Coq Sportif merchandise during the race, including replica jerseys, t-shirts and retro-themed shirts, and there will also be giveaways during the Tour with details released via the Look Mum No Hands! and Le Coq Sportif Twitter feeds.
As if that weren’t exciting enough, Eurosport will also be paying three visits during the Tour for a live broadcast of their studio-based show, each hosted by James Richardson and with a question and answer session with the TV channels guests as follows:
- Thursday 5th July, Rob Hayles and Magnus Backstedt
- Wednesday 18th July, Rob Hayles and Dan Lloyd
Saturday 21st July, Rob Hayles and John Herety.