We have a winner for the 2012 Giant TCR Composite worth £1499!
We've chosen our winner… is it you?
My word a lot of you wanted to win this prize… not surprising really cos the new Giant TCR Composite 2 is indeed a thing of beauty when you see it in the flesh/carbon as we did last week in Germany. Now we're back and after a few reviving cuppas we've worked up the strength to fire up the random-number-o-meter and get the fickle finger to do it's proddy/pointy thing, and the winner is…
The lucky dog has been informed and as soon as we know what size and where to send it the nice people at Giant will be getting it to him, he won't even have to wait until 2012. It doesn't really get any better than that.
Enjoy the bike Blackhound and if you didn't win don't worry there will be another blisteringly good Schwag Grab coming this way soon.
Giant pretty much invented the compact road bike and the TCR Composiste continues to set the benchmark for what compact design road bikes can deliver in terms of weight, ride, and handling. We were really impressed with the TCR Advanced 2 we tested earlier this year and the 2012 TCR Composite looks like a winner too. Here are some of the key features our lucky winner will get on their new bike:
- Lightweight TCR Composite frame made from T600 carbon
- Advanced-Grade Composite fork with alloy steerer
- Overdrive head tube tapering from 1 1/8 at the top to 1 1/4 at the bottom and for even more front end stiffness and steering accuracy boosted even further by having the top and down tubes wrap around it
- PowerCore bottom bracket – oversized and stiff and designed to get all your pedalling effort to the back wheel as quickly as possible
- Shimano Ultegra shifters and rear mech matched up to a 105 front mech and with uprated for 2012 Shimano brakes and chainset
- Wheels are Giant's new PR-2 offerings sporting Giant PR-3 tyres
The 2012 Giant TCR Composite is available in five sizes: S (48.5), M (50), ML (53.5), L (55), and XL (58.5) so there should be something there for everyone.
To win one all you've got to do is comment in below, we'll be drawing the winner When we get back from Eurobike (that's how far we've had to go to see one in the flesh) on 5 September. Usual Schwag Grab rules apply.