London Bike Show set for new year
Special ticket offer for road.cc users
January sees the launch of The London Bike Show at ExCeL in Docklands. The new show will run alongside the well-established London International Boat Show and The Outdoors Show to create the UK’s largest event for people interested in outdoors pursuits.
The organisers are promising that the show will be packed with features, inspirational talks and the opportunity to try and buy the latest kit from some of the best know names in cycling. The list of exhibitors already confirmed includes bike brands Cervélo, Ridgeback, Genesis and Brompton, along with component manufacturers like Shimano and USE, and clothing labels Pearl Izumi and Polaris.
Other features include...
Skoda Bike Arena
The Skoda Bike Arena will bring together all of cycling’s disciplines in one huge arena. The arena will host:
• MTB test track. The track will include a variety of timber trails and obstacles suitable for all ages and abilities. You’ll be able to get expert skills advice for a team of instructors.
• Pump Track. You can test how far you can travel without pedalling on the purpose built pump track, as well as watch the experts pitting their pump skills against each other.
• Fixie Tricks Zone. You’ll be able to enter the trick, skid and trackstand competitions as well as learn how it’s done from the experts.
• Test Strip. Here you can make sure the bike you’re thinking of buying at the show is right for you by taking it for a ride before placing your order.
Bike Stage and Café
The Bike Stage will include a full programme of talks each day of the show on a whole range of cycling-related subjects, including maintenance, safety, nutrition, race preparation and touring.
You will be able grab a coffee, smoothie or something stronger in the cycle café, then sit back and listen to the speakers.
Cytech Technical Advice Centre
The technical experts at Cytech will be at the show to provide you with the info you need to keep your wheels turning. Cytech’s experts will be running demos including:
• Tips for keeping your bike running smoother for longer
• Puncture repair
• Bike set up and sizing
• Wheel truing
• Gear set up
• Brake set up
The show runs from Thursday 13 January until Sunday 16 January with tickets costing £13 in advance (more on the door), or £10.50 for students/60+. Children under 16 get in free. Tickets to The London Bike Show also include free entry to The Outdoors Show and The London International Boat Show.
Book online at www.thelondonbikeshow.co.uk or call 0844 871 8805.
Register for updates at the same web address, and while you’re there you can enter the competition to win a bike worth £1200 courtesy of Rose Bikes. 100 free tickets to the show will be given away to the runners up.
You can save even more money by quoting ROADCC when you book in advance to get an adult ticket for £12 or two adult tickets for £22.