One month from now we'll be checking in at the fabulous Hotel Belvedere in Riccione for road.cc Italy Week 2018, from 14-21 April. It'll be a fantastic week of riding, and we'd love to share it with you. There's still time to bag yourself a room. You'll be well looked after: the Hotel has been ranked number one in Europe (and sixth in the world!) in the 2018 TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice awards. It's a brilliant base for a week of early season fun.
Why is it so good? Well, the hotel is beautifully looked after. It has a fleet of top-spec De Rosa hire bikes, the food is fantastic, the riding is brilliant, the ride guides are superb, the staff are great, the facilities are excellent… I mean, we could go on. Ride with us and experience the amazing Hotel Belvedere welcome for yourself. This year road.cc co-founder Dave Atkinson will be making the trip out to Italy, along with the newest member of our tech team, Jack Sexty. We've got all sorts of great riding planned. We also plan to eat our bodyweight in food, and have quite a few beers and ice creams. In spite of the 600km of riding that gets done, we never seem to come back lighter than we went out...
road.cc Italy Week key facts
- Saturday 14 April to Saturday 21 April 2018
- Five-night option available, 14–19 April
- Bed, breakfast, evening meal and cyclists’ buffet at Hotel Belvedere
- Free entry to the Gran Fondo Riccione (7 days only) + five days of guided riding
- Free laundry service
- Free access to the Spa and Wellness Centre
- Country house BBQ
- Wine and cheese tasting at local Agricola (supplement payable)
- Room rates from €139 per person per night (based on two people sharing)
- Ryanair flights available direct from Stansted to Rimini (8km from the hotel)
- Many flights to Bologna (1hr transfer)
You get to pack a whole lot in, and even more so with a free Gran Fondo entry to kick you off on the Sunday. If it looks expensive, bear in mind that you basically don’t have to buy anything other than beers at the bar and coffees on the rides the whole week: that’s how well they look after you.
Dave is a founding father of road.cc and responsible for kicking the server when it breaks. In a previous life he was a graphic designer but he's also a three-time Mountain Bike Bog Snorkelling world champion, and remains unbeaten through the bog. Dave rides all sorts of bikes but tends to prefer metal ones. He's getting old is why.