Organisers of the Tour of Britain have put out an appeal for volunteers to help ensure the race goes smoothly.
Volunteers are needed for marshalling crossing points, keeping the route clear at king of the mountains climbs, marshalling team parking, selling programmes, and dealing with enquiries from spectators.
Volunteers at king of the mountains and sprint locations might also find themselves helping to lay out the KoM / sprint point and marshalling spectators leading up to the line.
In return for your efforts you’ll get a goodie bag and a great insight into what goes on behind the scenes at Britain’s biggest bike race.
To register your interest or find out more, visit the Tour of Britain site.
You’ll be asked to specify which stage you’re interested in getting involved with:
- Stage 1: Rochdale – Blackpool, 11 September
- Stage 2: Stoke-on-Trent, 12 September
- Stage 3: Newtown – Swansea, 13 September
- Stage 4: Minehead – Teignmouth, 14 September
- Stage 5: Tavistock – Glastonbury, 15 September
- Stage 6: King's Lynn – Great Yarmouth, 16 September
- Stage 7: Bury St Edmunds – Colchester, 17 September
- Stage 8: The TfL London Stage, 18 September