Kristian House takes Edinburgh Nocturne
Rapha-Condor-Sharp rider leaves ProTour rivals behind
Kristian House of Rapha-Condor-Sharp beat off ProTour riders including Garmin-Transitions star Cameron Meyer to win the second edition of the Edinburgh Nocturne on Edinburgh’s Grassmarket last night.
Scottish National Champion Evan Oliphant, of Endura Racing, finished third after spending much of the race, on a testing course including cobbled sections, out front on his own, before House overhauled him and rode away for an impressive solo victory.
On a testing road that took the riders up Victoria Street, onto the George IV Bridge and down Candlemaker Row back onto Grassmarket, Meyer came home second, an improvement on last year’s third place, when team-mate David Millar, otherwise engaged in the Tour de France Prologue yesterday, took the win.
Other ProTour riders taking part included Team Sky’s Russ Downing, and on a day when team leader was wearing the National Time Trial Champion’s jersey in Rotterdam ahead of Geraint Thomas donning the Road Race version today, the Yorkshireman too was resplendent in red, white and blue by virtue of being current National Circuit Race Champion.
The third and final race in this year’s Nocturne Series will take place in Blackpool on August 21st
Edinburgh Nocturne, Provisional Results
1. Kristian House, Rapha-Condor-Sharp
2. Cameron Meyer, Garmin-Transitions @36 seconds
3. Evan Oliphant, Endura Racing
4. Alex Coutts, Giant ART
5. David Clarke, Pendragon Le Col Colnago
6. Callum Wilkinson, Endura Racing @1.00
7. Joshus Edmondson, Motorpoint Marshals Pasta @ 1 lap
8. Luke Durbridge, Jayco Skins
9. Ben Greenwood, Rapha Condor Sharp
10. David Lines, Endura Racing