Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tweeks Cycles

Anyone else been lied to by Tweeks cycles?
If you read online reviews there are loads of similar experiences to mine - an item is 'in stock' so you order it and they take your money there and then. Weeks go by with zero communication, then you eventually find out (after an hour on hold) that they never had the item, but it was still with a supplier in the US who won't send it for another month 'at the earliest'.
Then when you try and cancel - they say I have to wait another few days to get my money back. I understand the Covid situation having an impact - but saying you have an item when you clearly do not is a lie and then not to inform a customer who is expecting an item in the 'within 7 day' timeframe as advertised is fraudulent in my mind.

Shame as it appears they were once a good company to deal with.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

David9694 | 3 years ago
0 likes

I have bought from them many times - the problem you describe isn't peculiar to them.

William_F | 3 years ago
0 likes

Yes, same experience. Disappointing approach when I have had really good service from other suppliers who have clearly been struggling for staff at the moment.

MrMoo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Yes, exactly the same issue. I chose them specifically for a bike because it was in stock for immediate despatch as my preferred company showed it as ‘available in 12 days’. 

One week with no delivery confirmation before I contacted asking for an update to be told they won’t received it from their supplier for another 10 days before they send on. Again, their ‘in stock’ is a clear lie  

Avoid. 

epcp20 replied to MrMoo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks - completely agree they're a company to be avoided right now! v frustrating if you need a component etc and you're taken in by the 'in stock' lie. Perhaps they're struggling so much that they're doing it to keep customers ordering so they can sit on our money, like a short term loan.

Innerlube replied to epcp20 | 3 years ago
0 likes

I'm afraid that this has been their normal operating model for a couple of years in my experience. I ordered a couple of things from them in the past but wouldn't go back to them now - so already avoiding them.

Latest Comments