Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Good Helmet for a Big Head

Just bought a great new bike (Giant Revolt 1) to get fit, and will be riding on roads, I want to get a great Helmet, and here is my problem, I do have a huge head (64-65cms) I have a budget of around £60-80, and am wondering what to go for. Any ideas ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

Forester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Savant good for my size 8 3/8 hat size, also Lazer very good value.

badkneestom | 10 years ago
0 likes

Giro Savant is the creme de la creme.

HarryTrauts | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've come to this party late but wanted to say that I too have a surprisingly large head (I'm fairly average in most other measurements) and I've been wearing a Giro Savant and it's an excellent fit. Good choice! Let's hope you never have to test its impact qualities.

8o8 finch@m | 10 years ago
0 likes

A MASSIVE THANKS TO EVERYONE........ I TRIED ON A SHEDFUL OF DIFFERENT HELMETS, AND ENDED UP GOING FOR THE GIRO SAVANT IN SIZE XL..... IT FITS UP TO A 65CM HEAD...... WHICH WHEN YOU GOT A NAPPER IS BIG AS MINE IS FAB.... THE FEAR FACTOR HAS NOW GONE.... GOT A NUT BIG ENOUGH.... AWESOME  16  16  16

Benway | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've got a Spesh Prospero ii which is quite large.

Shamblesuk | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a Kask Dieci which is one size fits all, fits me fine and I too am quite massively nappered  16

ashfanman | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a fairly large head and find Specialized helmets fit me great. But I think it's more down to the shape of your head, rather than just the size, so I'd recommend just going down to your LBS and trying a few on.

jollygoodvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Tried on a Catlike Whisper the other day. Felt like I could have picked up Sky Sports if I was facing in the right direction. Worth a try.

But then I only have a 56cm bonce...

manoirdelourde | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gman59c | 10 years ago
0 likes

+1 for the spiuk, good for those with a large napper and looks good too!!

Shanefutcher | 10 years ago
0 likes

Spiuk zirion.great helmet,great look and all for £50.even comes in several different colours so will match your bike

Latest Comments