Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Puncture

Ok, so this is strange, but has anyone ever suffered a "puncture" on a turbo trainer?, I havent pulled the tyre off yet, but I doubt there is a hole in anything....just so strange

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Colin Peyresourde | 10 years ago
0 likes

Case closed Miss Marble.

jason.timothy.jones | 10 years ago
0 likes

it turned out to be a repair that failed

mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yep! Think it was down to a nick or pinch that just needed a bit of weight to set it free. Random as!

Colin Peyresourde | 10 years ago
0 likes

My tyre once exploded on the turbo trainer. Something to do with me getting the inner tube caught between the tyre and the wheel, the GF had a shock to be sure…..

Check the tyre. If it looks like a snake has poisoned your inner tube, check your room for snakes, and if you find none, then it's likely to be a tyre pinch. This is caused by low pressure inner tubes wheedling their way between the tyre and wheel. Otherwise get out of the house ASAP.

….Or, if it's a single hole, it could be you have crap between your tyre wall and the inner tube.

Then again, what with the weather we had last year a large pot hole in your turbo trainer may have developed. But that really is an outside shot - but call your council….

NickK123 replied to Colin Peyresourde | 10 years ago
0 likes
Colin Peyresourde wrote:

My tyre once exploded on the turbo trainer. Something to do with me getting the inner tube caught between the tyre and the wheel, the GF had a shock to be sure…..

Check the tyre. If it looks like a snake has poisoned your inner tube, check your room for snakes, and if you find none, then it's likely to be a tyre pinch. This is caused by low pressure inner tubes wheedling their way between the tyre and wheel. Otherwise get out of the house ASAP.

….Or, if it's a single hole, it could be you have crap between your tyre wall and the inner tube.

Then again, what with the weather we had last year a large pot hole in your turbo trainer may have developed. But that really is an outside shot - but call your council….

andylul | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yarp - could be a number of factors, esp if it's been repaired before. Lots of friction going on there between tyre and roller with no air rushing past to cool it...

CDK1962 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yes, several, including one catastrophic failure. Heat related maybe?

Latest Comments