Home

Ok, so this is strange, but has anyone ever suffered a "puncture" on a turbo trainer?, I havent pulled the tyre off yet, but I doubt there is a hole in anything....just so strange

7 comments

CDK1962 [25 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Yes, several, including one catastrophic failure. Heat related maybe?

andylul [410 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Yarp - could be a number of factors, esp if it's been repaired before. Lots of friction going on there between tyre and roller with no air rushing past to cool it...

Colin Peyresourde [1673 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

My tyre once exploded on the turbo trainer. Something to do with me getting the inner tube caught between the tyre and the wheel, the GF had a shock to be sure…..

Check the tyre. If it looks like a snake has poisoned your inner tube, check your room for snakes, and if you find none, then it's likely to be a tyre pinch. This is caused by low pressure inner tubes wheedling their way between the tyre and wheel. Otherwise get out of the house ASAP.

….Or, if it's a single hole, it could be you have crap between your tyre wall and the inner tube.

Then again, what with the weather we had last year a large pot hole in your turbo trainer may have developed. But that really is an outside shot - but call your council….

NickK123 [93 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Colin Peyresourde wrote:

My tyre once exploded on the turbo trainer. Something to do with me getting the inner tube caught between the tyre and the wheel, the GF had a shock to be sure…..

Check the tyre. If it looks like a snake has poisoned your inner tube, check your room for snakes, and if you find none, then it's likely to be a tyre pinch. This is caused by low pressure inner tubes wheedling their way between the tyre and wheel. Otherwise get out of the house ASAP.

….Or, if it's a single hole, it could be you have crap between your tyre wall and the inner tube.

Then again, what with the weather we had last year a large pot hole in your turbo trainer may have developed. But that really is an outside shot - but call your council….

mooleur [537 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Yep! Think it was down to a nick or pinch that just needed a bit of weight to set it free. Random as!

jason.timothy.jones [294 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

it turned out to be a repair that failed

Colin Peyresourde [1673 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Case closed Miss Marble.