Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Dissertation Survey

I am currently undertaking research into the identity of road cyclists as part of my undergraduate Geography degree at Keele University. Part of my research involves a short online survey and I would be extremely grateful if anyone with a few minutes to spare would be prepared to take the survey via the link below. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes at most.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BC3XSDK

Thanks in advance for your participation, it really will be very helpful and is greatly appreciated.

Tim

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

cjk99 | 10 years ago
0 likes

completed for you, hth

Sydney Road | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi, I just completed the survey too late! Probably worth taking it down or editing the header to say don't fill it in I hope you got what you wanted. If you are interested in urban cycling pop into cc cycles in Crewe where we are working to affect LSTF project.

Sydney Road | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi, I just completed the survey too late! Probably worth taking it down or editing the header to say don't fill it in I hope you got what you wanted. If you are interested in urban cycling pop into cc cycles in Crewe where we are working to affect LSTF project.

Mart | 10 years ago
0 likes

Done and good luck.

John G | 10 years ago
0 likes

Done. Good luck with the course and I hope the survey makes for an interesting cross-section of opinions. Will you publish a summary of the results?

tbrooks1992 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the great response everyone, much appreciated. The survey will be open for one more day and I will be sure to share the findings in the future. Once again, thank you so much for your time.

Tinternet_tim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Done....hope you get lots of support so you can collate sufficient data for your research.
I hope you are going to share some of your findings at some point in the future?

Good look!

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Done, good luck!

Stratman | 10 years ago
0 likes

Done hth

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Done it  1

djb123 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Done, more than happy to help.

hagbad | 10 years ago
0 likes

Happy to help

JonD | 10 years ago
0 likes

Done, HTH  1

Simon E | 10 years ago
0 likes

It sounds like Mobilities stretches beyond the traditional (but flexible) boundaries of Geography into other Social Sciences. I would be interested to read more about it. If you feel like sharing it or any resources you know of feel free to drop me an email via my profile. Thanks, Simon.

Simon E | 10 years ago
0 likes

Done.

Would be interested to know what element of your course this contributes to. Transport?

Has Keele moved away from mostly two-subject Honours degrees now? I studied Geography there in the 1980s and found that studying two subjects diluted the energy one could devote to either of them, though I chose to go there because of a number of other factors. I wonder how much it has changed since then.

tbrooks1992 replied to Simon E | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for your response. Keele is still very much known for its two subject degrees but I study single honours Geography. My dissertation focuses on "mobilities" which is a relatively new approach that does draw quite heavily on transport geography but brings more of a social science element by, for example, focusing more on the meaning and the experiences of movement rather than seeing it simply as a means of getting from "A to B". Something that I think is rather relevant, especially when looking at cycling. Thanks again for your help.

Latest Comments