Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Junior Cycling teams for 2014

Was wondering if anybody new or had any connections with any Junior race Teams? I am looking for a Junior Team at the age of 16 as I hope to race the National Race series cheers!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

DylanChurchill | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for your help guys much appreciated. I ended up riding for Vo2 development team alongside "Raleigh". I got my 3rd cat license and a top 20 in my first junior national at Tom Simpson memorial race unfortunately I missed out on the remaining two after a lack of form after a bad crash. I am looking foreward to this season where I will be riding for Achieve Skinnergate cycle team hoping to race abroad as well as the junior national series. Thanks again!

DylanChurchill | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for your help guys much appreciated. I ended up riding for Vo2 development team alongside "Raleigh". I got my 3rd cat license and a top 20 in my first junior national at Tom Simpson memorial race unfortunately I missed out on the remaining two after a lack of form after a bad crash. I am looking foreward to this season where I will be riding for Achieve Skinnergate cycle team hoping to race abroad as well as the junior national series. Thanks again!

Simon E | 10 years ago
0 likes

There are plenty of clubs doing good stuff stuff. Sometimes race teams cream off the most talented riders, but that doesn't necessarily make the team better than the club that nurtured them in the first place.

IMVHO your progression will depend far more on the quality of your motivation and willingness to learn, your coach and the environment you are in than whether it's a Team or a Club.

DylanChurchill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Firstly have raced I consistently miss out on points places with 4th and 5th's being my general results his I achieved without training last season and since I had decided to train seriously with a coach and another strong rider I thought I would take this years race season seriously. As I know Raleigh and ride with him I have talked to him and decided riding for a team would be a lot better for my progression that a club.  1

KirinChris | 10 years ago
0 likes

Whereabouts are you ? You just need to find your local club or clubs and see which ones have juniors. Or there may be a specific junior club.

British Cycling has a fairly well structured programme of coaching and training for youth clubs.

If you are going to race at National level you will be up against people who have been racing for several years but cycling is a sport where people can come fairly late as long as they have the right physical characteristics.

Have a look on the BC site.

Simon E | 10 years ago
0 likes

Are you not a member of a club?

I can't see your name in the BC road rankings. Have you done much racing? If you're any good you will have been racing against people in clubs/teams already.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

A guy with the username Raleigh on here might point you in the right direction.

Team ASL360 are always looking for juniors http://www.asl360.co.uk/

The only other thing I can suggest is looking at the results from this season's national junior series and getting in touch with some of the clubs that had riders. It is mainly clubs, rather than teams though.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events?search_type=&keywords=&resultsp...

Latest Comments