Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

CAAD10 OR BIANCHI IMPULSO

Hello All,

Need help folks!

After months of researching, I have come down to two bikes - CAAD10 and Bianchi Impulso. I have tried to research more on these but have not been able to come across anyone who have ridden both of these bikes and can provide a comparison.

My use: Mainly riding for leisure and long rides but with an occasional road race thrown in. Hence, will want a bike that is responsive, handles well yet comfortable. And only in aluminum for the moment. I am 181 cms with 34 inch inseam if that is of any use.

I have heard great things about the CAAD10. But I read that the Bianchi Impulso was actually used in the Paris Roubaix last year and came in 6th! Surely, it will not be a slouch either? Both are also raved on comfort.

I live in a country where test drives are not possible. So cannot take that option. Strange yes, but I have to work with what I have. I would appreciate any one who has actually ridden both of them to tell me:

1) Views on handling compared to each other
2) Views on efficiency and response compared to each other
3) Overall comparison and views on the two bikes

I would also appreciate if you can keep the views only to these two bikes because many other brands are not available here.

Thanks a ton

RagTagCyclist

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

NTimmis | 10 years ago
0 likes

CAAD10 is an amazig bike. I've had mine for 5 months and love it!

russyparkin | 10 years ago
0 likes

caad10 is an awesome race bike, stiff, responsive totally amazing. but a hard ride. i used mine for the odd sportive but its no magic carpet ride. if you want to go fast everywhere caad10, if you want to chill out and spin bianchi

dunnoh | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a Bianchi Impulso and I adore it. I've done well over 2K on it in about 10 months its great, really comfy, really well built and I feel safe on it at speed. Downsides - the saddle has been replaced as it crippled me, I've stuck Fulcrum 5's and better tyres on it and I have changed the brake blocks as the ones that came with it faded quickly at speed.

The wheels that come with it are odd. They sort of bounced like springs. Really comfy but it felt more like a BMX at times. I cant see me getting another bike in all honesty. Its way better than I will ever be. I'm using it every day ,as I commute on it, as well as proper riding at the weekends and the Campag Veloce groupset appears to be well made. It may be too upright for some but for me its spot on.

ragtagcyclist replied to dunnoh | 10 years ago
0 likes
dunnoh wrote:

I have a Bianchi Impulso and I adore it. I've done well over 2K on it in about 10 months its great, really comfy, really well built and I feel safe on it at speed. Downsides - the saddle has been replaced as it crippled me, I've stuck Fulcrum 5's and better tyres on it and I have changed the brake blocks as the ones that came with it faded quickly at speed.

The wheels that come with it are odd. They sort of bounced like springs. Really comfy but it felt more like a BMX at times. I cant see me getting another bike in all honesty. Its way better than I will ever be. I'm using it every day ,as I commute on it, as well as proper riding at the weekends and the Campag Veloce groupset appears to be well made. It may be too upright for some but for me its spot on.

This is really useful. I posted the query on another forum and one rider Infact likes the impulso better than the CAAD

dunnoh replied to ragtagcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

Its a great bike. (I'm sure the CAAD is as well). One thing that really impresses me on the Bianchi are the forks. They are carbon with kevlar and I've hit potholes at speed and they just don't budge - they really compliment the frame. When climbing the frame is really precise and you feel every pedal stroke is doing something.

badkneestom | 10 years ago
0 likes

Love my caad10

MattT53 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a Caad10, it's fab. Pretty much a race bike, stiff with excellent handling but that's fine with me. Comfort is fine, much better than an alu-carbon Bianchi I have (though this is about 7 years old now and not a fair comparison to their newer models). I'm also about 181 cm and have the 58. I know a few people with a Caad10 and none are anything less than delighted.

ragtagcyclist replied to MattT53 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the info mattT53. Very useful.

Have you also had a chance to test ride any of the new bianchis?

Latest Comments