Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

my new bike

1 hi , i,ve just found this site and it looks great , plenty great articles and info ,
i,ve just ordered a specialized tricross sport 2010 , should get it in cpl weeks , just wondered if anyone else had one and any feedback re how it is etc ,
i currantly ride a cheap saracen ruftrax 2 ( front suspension bike ) covered nearly 3000 miles in just over a year with it so it needs upgraded i think .I mostly ride on road now with the occasional forrest track , canal towpath type thing , and have done a cpl very small tours ( the great glen way fort william - inverness , off road route up over the hills then down to aviemore 150 miles ) and short 2 day aberdeen - edinburgh via the coast .
looking to some more light tours mabey week long , mabey end to end sometime along with weekend runs and daily 20 mile run after my nightshift . so thought this would be an ideal bike
anyone any thoughts on my choice ,

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

sleekitcollie | 14 years ago
0 likes

as soon as i get delivery and get out on the bike i,ll post a report on the brakes etc .. bike due 9th oct  1

ctznsmith | 14 years ago
0 likes

I have the 2008 sport and it is a good bike. I'd be interested to hear what the brakes are like on the 2010 model? It's the one fault I can find with mine, just not enough power and I always find myself tinkering with them to try and make them better.

Tony what's wrong with the 61cm? (My 2008 is 58cm) Have they not 'adjusted/tweaked' the geometry as they scaled them up or something?

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

I'm with you on that, triples are the way to go

sleekitcollie | 14 years ago
0 likes

1 thanx tony , its just a wee 52 cm . did think about the 200p comp as could have got a discounted one ... but brown ... lol .. no colour not important 2 me but the comp is only a 2 ring where the 2010 sport is a triple so thought id stick with the tripple .  3

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

Well for what you want it sounds an ideal machine bikes designed on a cross platform are great do anything bikes, good for touring, but with enough of a performance edge to make them an engaging fast road ride (poss with a quick tyre change) and the tricross should have all the tyre clearances needed for taking off down forest track too - it is a 'cross bike after all.

The 2010 bike looks like it's got some pretty decent kit on it I'd say you've made a good choice unless you ride a 61cm in which case I'd try and dive on the 2009 model… unless you don't like brown bikes that is  1 in which case you've definitely made the right choice.

Latest Comments