my new bike

by sleekitcollie   October 2, 2009  

Smile hi , i,ve just found this site and it looks great , plenty great articles and info ,
i,ve just ordered a specialized tricross sport 2010 , should get it in cpl weeks , just wondered if anyone else had one and any feedback re how it is etc ,
i currantly ride a cheap saracen ruftrax 2 ( front suspension bike ) covered nearly 3000 miles in just over a year with it so it needs upgraded i think .I mostly ride on road now with the occasional forrest track , canal towpath type thing , and have done a cpl very small tours ( the great glen way fort william - inverness , off road route up over the hills then down to aviemore 150 miles ) and short 2 day aberdeen - edinburgh via the coast .
looking to some more light tours mabey week long , mabey end to end sometime along with weekend runs and daily 20 mile run after my nightshift . so thought this would be an ideal bike
anyone any thoughts on my choice ,

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Well for what you want it sounds an ideal machine bikes designed on a cross platform are great do anything bikes, good for touring, but with enough of a performance edge to make them an engaging fast road ride (poss with a quick tyre change) and the tricross should have all the tyre clearances needed for taking off down forest track too - it is a 'cross bike after all.

The 2010 bike looks like it's got some pretty decent kit on it I'd say you've made a good choice unless you ride a 61cm in which case I'd try and dive on the 2009 model… unless you don't like brown bikes that is Smile in which case you've definitely made the right choice.

Tony Farrelly's picture

posted by Tony Farrelly [4135 posts]
2nd October 2009 - 15:18

like this
Like (1)

Smile thanx tony , its just a wee 52 cm . did think about the 200p comp as could have got a discounted one ... but brown ... lol .. no colour not important 2 me but the comp is only a 2 ring where the 2010 sport is a triple so thought id stick with the tripple . Wink

pedal like yer being chased Wink

sleekitcollie's picture

posted by sleekitcollie [5 posts]
2nd October 2009 - 15:59

like this
Like (1)

I'm with you on that, triples are the way to go

Tony Farrelly's picture

posted by Tony Farrelly [4135 posts]
2nd October 2009 - 16:04

like this
Like (0)

I have the 2008 sport and it is a good bike. I'd be interested to hear what the brakes are like on the 2010 model? It's the one fault I can find with mine, just not enough power and I always find myself tinkering with them to try and make them better.

Tony what's wrong with the 61cm? (My 2008 is 58cm) Have they not 'adjusted/tweaked' the geometry as they scaled them up or something?

ctznsmith's picture

posted by ctznsmith [102 posts]
5th October 2009 - 11:55

like this
Like (1)

as soon as i get delivery and get out on the bike i,ll post a report on the brakes etc .. bike due 9th oct Smile

pedal like yer being chased Wink

sleekitcollie's picture

posted by sleekitcollie [5 posts]
6th October 2009 - 12:42

like this
Like (0)