Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

World Championship Road Race

I know its not till Sunday but i might as wll get the ball rolling.

Described as a medium mountain stage its seems to fit the bill perfectly for Sagan however when you look at each lap of the course the first climb is about 4.5kms with a max gradient of 9% followed by a downhill section.

The sting in the tail is the little burst just 6kms before the end which is only 600 metres but rises to 16% then its downhill the whole way bar a 100m lump 2.5k from the end.

If someone gets away on the last 600m rise then its going to be hard bringing them back again.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

90 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Anyone got a full result? Just waiting on 11-20 and last man before scores go up.

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

6,9,10,12,20 std

Just his nibs for my purist .....oh well

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

I just want the Lanterne Rouge badges.  3

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok then, scores updating. I got a disappointing 53 and 41.

I was very close to picking Costa because today looked a bit like the stages he won in the Tour but I thought he was too expensive at 26 credits or whatever he cost, oh well...

Squiggle | 10 years ago
0 likes

1  4 and not too much else  2

I'd love to know what poor Purito said to Rui Costa when he bridged across!

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rui Costa was working for no one those last few kms. Really wanted Purito to take it, and not just cos he was in my team.

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

A few riders got points even though they didn't finish the race.

Philip Unwin replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

BBC online. It,s been on since the start

TERatcliffe26 replied to Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Voeckler last man home?

At the moment but I think a few will come in 30 mins down

backflipbedlem replied to teosheva | 10 years ago
0 likes
teosheva wrote:

1-2-3-9 should be really good  16

i shud think so dude, prob take it all with that

Gkam84 replied to Squiggle | 10 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:

1  4 and not too much else  2

I'd love to know what poor Purito said to Rui Costa when he bridged across!

Looked to me as they were both trying to work for Valverde, but he was too far behind and they said, lets have at it

Gkam84 replied to Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Which riders, no rider should score if they didn't finish, but that's upto Dr to do

enrique replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

... I was very close to picking Costa ...

I was nowhere near (!) picking Costa and Joaquim was way (!) down on my list of Top 20 on the stage... That (!) was a surprise (!)...

Wig_Billy replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I think they would have probably climbed off a lap early if they were that far behind.

drheaton wrote:

Anyone got a full result? Just waiting on 11-20 and last man before scores go up.

There's this - http://static.sportresult.com/federations/uci/CR2013/
but it might not be complete.

drheaton replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
Wig_Billy wrote:

Which riders, no rider should score if they didn't finish, but that's upto Dr to do

My fault, I'd part completed the scores mid-race with breakaway points for Chtioui, Brandle and Godoy who all then dropped out. I also missed that Cardoso (Portugal) DNF'd and therefore shouldn't have gotten team points for Costa winning.

Scores are updating as I type.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I think they would have probably climbed off a lap early if they were that far behind.

drheaton wrote:

There's this - http://static.sportresult.com/federations/uci/CR2013/
but it might not be complete.

Voeckler last man! You have go and beat me again!  3

Someone had 1,2,3 anyway so they will win I think

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well my std is a secret , however, my purist is a blatant laugh as I've gone for 3 big climbers and a classics guy ....can't wait to see this rr

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Barta was 6.2 for the TTT and ITT.

0 likes

Well after watching the women's race. I can see Lots of people being dropped over those 10 laps. If lots of attacks persist. Hopefully be an exciting day.
So whos everyone picked?  3

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

maybe it's just full house you don't get for TTT, can't remember  1

don't fret, it'll get sorted

old blue eyes | 10 years ago
0 likes

@Dave, I'm very sure that the top 3 of the TTT got their badges. Seeing as I was one of the 35 no.1, that feels harsh. pls fix.

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pity Offredo isn't racing then - my one useless fact about him is that he likes riding in the rain!

debbieg | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dave, There are still issues with rider values - my purist team at the moment is within budget but when I try and remove non-runner JTL and substitute him with any other 3.0 value rider I get a message saying 'team over budget' and I'm unable to save it  20

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Weather forecast says that the whole of the race will take place in thunderstorms, unlike the beautiful weather the women are having today.

0 likes

As for picking this stage, defo not easy. Can see one of the non faces taking it. This ten laps at the end should really mix it up.

0 likes

Yea soz for the TTT first round, stage podium and high roller badges Dave.

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

not sure about the rider values, unless someone clicked the 'set rider values' button by mistake? they'd change based on the performances in the other two races. sorry if it's making things a faff. i'll see if there's owt i can do

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok, I should have sorted out Voeckler's value.

Anyone else I should be aware of?

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Ok, I should have sorted out Voeckler's value.

Anyone else I should be aware of?

Barta changed when he changed to UCI, not sure how much by, think he went from 6 to 7, as I remember trying to toss up between him and Nordhaug

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I got badges for the TTT, you don't get the podium badge or full house badge but Stage Podium (your stage score puts you in the top three for the stage) and overall badges like High Roller are awarded and I won both.

The balances issue will be a direct result of changing a riders cost. If Voeckler was in your team and you were on budget (full team cost of 150) then if he goes up 0.8 credits your total team cost would have been 150.8 and that'll throw the game out.

Either way, at least its still doing the 150 credit check.

Pages

Latest Comments