Home

Those of you who were lucky enough to be out there this morning commuting in the pea souper of a fog (in Essex and East London anyway!), may like me, have noticed the amount of bikes on the road with no lights whatsoever. Whats the story - deal with God? nine lives all intact and happy to lose a few? Born lucky? Can't be arsed?  7

7 comments

dave atkinson [6258 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

i kept thinking it was foggier than it was, until i wiped my glasses  1

PJ McNally [591 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Yes, beautiful fog in Oxford this morning!

AFAIK, the law doesn't require lights on a bike in fog. But that doesn't mean they're not a good idea.

skitza [94 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

They are mental!!! Really come on folks use your noddle before it gets knocked off

issacforce [212 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Get wot they deserve ( no sense )

MarcMyWords [71 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Haha, brilliant post. Fog is a bit confusing, I always put my lights on anyway in any sort of poor visibility but can understand why people wouldn't because I can't imagine it would have much effect in the fog unless you've got really good lights.

Al__S [1081 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

The fun bit for me is that it's often a lot less foggy in town when I leave the house than it is out in the countryside on my commute.

joemmo [1164 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

the main issue is probably that most LED lights don't really cut it in daylight. Better than nothing but not great. Definitely a good day to deploy my magicshine rear light though, it is actually as bright as a car fog light.