Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Spin Cycle Magazine - 9 Months in

Tony and Dave very kindly posted a story about our Northern road and racing magazine earlier in the year. Apart from a couple of trolls who tend to ankle bite everyone it seemed to go down very well. We're on issue 5 now and judging by our twitter feed it isn't just hairy arsed north of Watford types reading it. There seems to be a fair few southerners trying to acquire some northern cool and even some Texans (no not him) who seem to like reading about obscure British cyclists and minor hills they will probably never get to climb.

It's been going very well. Almost too well. We are so busy on the magazine that we've decided today to drop it from bi-monthly and make it a quarterly as we do have day jobs. After the next issue in mid October ( Emily Kay, TOB special, Fat Bikes, Killer Hill, Club Rider:Kit Bore and much, much more) we will be going quiet until January and then be back with the first quarterly edition and a bumper 140 page print book of the best of the first 6 issues.

If you fancy yourself as a good writer or illustrator and those poseurs at Rouleur aren't returning your calls then get in touch and we'll take a look. We are definitely looking for some new voices to play a regular role.

Right. Off for two days in the pouring rain covering the TOB. I reckon Quintana will blow away completely when he hits Wales.

Very best

Dan

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

GREGJONES | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've really enjoyed it, a whole lot better than magazines I've paid for (Although to be fair I am a northern club cyclist, and proud of it too).

Cycle_Jim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Graphic design student north of brum here (though at uni in sunny cornwall) would be interested in some writing and/or illustrating in the future!

Shall I email?

WolfieSmith replied to Cycle_Jim | 10 years ago
0 likes

BY all means. Send us an email via the website to both James and me.

best

Dan

PS. Your the first. As I suspected Road.CC is full of talkers but very few walkers..  21

farrell | 10 years ago
0 likes

I read the first one and then somehow forgot about it. I don't know how or why I managed that as I really enjoyed it.

I'll have a catch up on the others tonight and I've given the www.twitter.com/SpinCycleMag account a follow to remind myself of upcoming issues.

WolfieSmith | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Simon,

We appreciate the support. Although it seems a very small niche - northern club riding and UK pro racing - it seems to have garnered a fair fe readers and there are certainly no shortage if stories.

Again. If you're a writer north of Brum and you want to write for us do get in touch.

Best

Dan

Simon E | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have been very impressed with Spin so far. It's one of the very few cycling-related publications I would be willing to pay for. It seems Dan has been a little coy and not added a link so I'll do it for him: http://www.spincyclemag.com/

Latest Comments