Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Di2 dura ace or Ultegra

Just had a 30 mph bike crash and while i have broken brake levers etc, i am considering changing my ultegra group set to Di2 and possibly changing to dura ace di2, i ride a cervelo S5 and ride 3-5 times a week about 150-200miles. Is it worth spending the extra money on this.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers Phil

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

big mick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cable is cheaper lighter and works fine.Battery power is trying to fix a problem that's not there.Wiggins didn't look too pleased when he's battery went flat mid stage in the tour that's for sure!

Phil A | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for your comments they have been helpful, i suppose it will come down to price and i agree, coming off your bike becomes more expensive the more money you spend on the gear you put on it.

dharmstrong | 10 years ago
0 likes

Recently purchased a new bike and went from Ultegra di2 to Dura Ace di2. There IS a difference, it runs smoother than Ultegra but shifting isn't noticeably different as di2 makes it pretty much perfect. The only issue is the creak from the carbon spider on the cassette which a lot of people seem to have.

simonkenyon | 10 years ago
0 likes

Crashing on DA DI2 is much, much more expensive than on Ultegra, as I've discovered twice in the last few weeks. Ultegra DI2 is about half the price. Haven't ridden it but I can't believe the shifting is anything other than excellent and doubt that you would be missing much in terms of performance. Ultegra is heavier than Dura Ace, but if you were worried about weight, you wouldn't be on a Cervelo S5  3

Latest Comments