Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Luke Rowe - id wristband

Did Luke Rowe have one on during the Vuelta?

I've been chasing highlight shows as I've been so busy but thought I'd spotted it the other day.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

19 comments

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cool. Hope you are as pleased with yours as I am with mine.
One of my cycling buddies is already interested in one and a couple of others no doubt will be if when they see it.

giff77 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm impressed. Ordered on Saturday night. Being made as I type and ready for dispatch on Tuesday / Wednesday. Also I needed to arrange for different delivery address and onelifeid were more than happy to arrange for this. Also the fact that this process was going to take a few days. I had in my mind a couple of weeks. So far very happy  4

giff77 | 10 years ago
0 likes

OK. I caved. Ordered the green squadra. So it's goodbye 70's/80's style talisman.

0 likes

Hope it arrived madhouse.

Mine survived its first ride too lol. Took the Tarmac for a nice spin this afternoon.

madhouse | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cool. Mine will hopefully be waiting for me when I get home.

0 likes

Just to update:

Currently wearing the wristband. Feels nice quality and looks good too (especially if you like the team sky colours in my case!)  16

It has enough weight that you know it's there (in a good way) but not in any way obtrusive.

Very impressed with the whole package - from concept, product range and product itself.

It's nice when something lives up to the idea. Just hope I never am in the situation where is needs to be used  17

0 likes

Just got order dispatch email so mine should be with me tomorrow. I can now set up my account info etc.

I'll keep you posted.

giff77 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the extra info Super. As i said. I do like the idea of the QR code on the bracelet - even better when everything is linked to a central account. It beats the seventies looking SOS Talisman I have been using for the last umpteen years. Hope your phone sorts itself out.

0 likes

Just an update. I got my phone showing caller id again after a re-boot. But still no text preview!

Hoping that does mean I can use the Onelifeid as my screen saver though as that comes as part of the product from what I've been told.

I have done some asking around for more info on the company as I saw they won a 'product of the week' from Cycling Weekly, etc.

This is what they said:
We first set OneLife iD doing just the bands
and we tried to make them look quite nice hence the Luke Rowe Squadra band. We had lots of comments about what other people use or prefer so now we do a ICE
phone screen that sits in front of lock screen (free with any of our products)plus the iD Card which is printed with your choice of personal details (far more
durable than card etc). We are cyclists and I ride with the band, the ICE screen on my phone and the card in with money and keys - the bonus is they all
link to one online account so only one place to keep up to date.

Thought that might be of interest to you all.

Just want to add I am not attached or affliated with the company. I just spotted the product, liked the colour, then read the idea/concept and got hooked further.

I am pleased that my purchase supports cyclists in business too though.

0 likes

Yes you can capture screen shot. Thing is my HTC has somehow lost its ability to show caller id when locked and the same for preview of texts. Not sure how though but it just happened last week. All settings the same etc and no updates done. Now the ride id won't display from locked either.

giff77 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Super Domestique, if you have an iPhone set ride ID as your home screen. The ICE details are on view. No need to worry about pass code. Not sure about android or windows.

0 likes

That was something that made me think. My phone has
Ride id app but password, etc.

I saw the one Luke Rowe has and it seemed nicer (cooler) than normal plain ones.

I liked the qr scanner idea too. Glad others have purchased too.

madhouse | 10 years ago
0 likes

That's a great idea/product.

I was with mates when I had my mishap earlier in the year but do plenty of solo training so have just ordered one, you never really think about things like that till after the event (like me) so I'd recommend everyone carry some sort of ID - don't forget an ICE number in your phone's no use if it's password protected!!

Low Speed Wobble | 10 years ago
0 likes

British Cycling card always in my jersey pocket. My ID and emergency contacts on there. Might be a nice thing for BC to offer a facility to include a QR code with additional personal medical information on their card too. Even if they made it a 'premium' option I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for the peace of mind it would give.

giff77 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Problem is. A pump is the last place a paramedic will look. My sis is in A&E. The first things that they look for are in no particular order : wallet, phone and ID bracelets like the SOS Talisman. She advised me that to have the very first number in my contacts as my ICE. They also look to see what is the most frequent number on the call list.

I like the idea of OneLife using a QR code. Might just invest.

0 likes

Just the fact that it matched the bike had me won over  3

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh thats nice, but a bit of a gimmick for a pro rider. Spose he might find himself alone some days. I just have my name and address and phone and blood group taped done the side of my Airbone minipump, always in my back pocket.

O+, O-yeah

plowsie | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have OneLife ID, brilliant idea and discovered mine is glow in the dark which is even better.

0 likes

To answer my own question:

http://www.onelifeid.com/

3 guesses which I ordered  13

Latest Comments