Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

cyclist hit by car challenges police over fine video evidence

http://www.smh.com.au/national/cyclist-hit-by-car-challenges-police-over...

I'm sure roadcc will pick it up at some point, unless Ive missed it. Police falsifying evidence..... someone is out of a job

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Mrs. Pranita Ag... | 10 years ago
0 likes

Liar liar pants on fire!
Bikeboy76, you did just right. We cyclists are always considered as obstacles on the road by the car drivers.
gets me mad every time...

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

At least they seem to be driving on the right, ahem, correct side of the road, the left!

Honestly the rider was clearly in a dominant lane position and the driver still overtook him by cutting across the lane line. I see this all the time, they just look at you as an obstacle and don't look down the road.
I once was cycling down a local road, got myself in the middle of the lane as I was approaching the back of a queue of cars. Single lane either way. A guy zooms up beside me driving right down the middle of the road, then tries to get in front of me, realizes there is no space to cut in front of me as I am already braking. I left him stranded in the middle of the road honking at oncoming traffic that he was blocking. Two seconds of patience and a glance down the road would have told him why I was in the middle, not just to piss him off.

Its this must get past cyclist at all costs attitude that is dangerous.

freespirit1 | 10 years ago
0 likes

This of course did occur in Australia. Couldn't happen here!!! Yeah right!!

Stumps replied to freespirit1 | 10 years ago
0 likes
freespirit1 wrote:

This of course did occur in Australia. Couldn't happen here!!! Yeah right!!

The officer will get sacked and rightly so, there is no room for ANYONE who tells lies.

notfastenough | 10 years ago
0 likes

I thought the penalty for this seemed too light, this explains it.

Latest Comments