Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

GP Quebec & Montreal

The race starts tomorrow, when will the comp be opened up so we can select our teams ???

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

51 comments

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

well thought i'd check this out as I hadn't picked my team yet. And deadline said 3 mins.
Defo quickest team I've chosen, managed to submit standard and purist, lol

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's ok, have now recaffeinated and brain is working again.

Ghedebrav replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

It's ok, have now recaffeinated and brain is working again.

Though not working well enough to remember to go in and change my team! Oh well.

BTW, purist is:

Bakelants
Rui Costa
Hesjedal
Albasini
Degenkolb
Kadri
Houle
Rollin
Langlois

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh no! Missed the cut-off before being able to monkey around with my team!

Oh well. Standard, I went for:

Sagan
GVA
Chava
Veilluex
Coquard
Mezgec
Nordhaug
Parisien
Duchesne

Think I've managed three Quebecois in there, though! Wish I could find teh time to see these races; on my honeymoon last year we went to Montreal & Quebec and had a fabulous time. Montreal a great cycling city.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Sagan
GVA
Chava
Veilluex
Coquard
Mezgec
Nordhaug
Parisien
Duchesne

Think I've managed three Quebecois in there, though! Wish I could find teh time to see these races; on my honeymoon last year we went to Montreal & Quebec and had a fabulous time. Montreal a great cycling city.

Cut off isnt till 4  39

drheaton replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Ghedebrav wrote:

Sagan
GVA
Chava
Veilluex
Coquard
Mezgec
Nordhaug
Parisien
Duchesne

Cut off isnt till 4  39

Yeah, I've still got the best part of 5 hours to go before I have to finalise mine  4

I'll be doing a last sweep up of roster changes at lunch time, I don't think there have been any changes in the last day but I'll check anyway.

Also, scores will probably be going up in the morning and there are four transfers available between races so plan accordingly!

captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for confirming TER.

0 likes

Actually I suppose they do as it's the same competition.

0 likes

Do purists have to keep the same team between the two races?

TERatcliffe26 replied to captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes
captain_slog wrote:

Do purists have to keep the same team between the two races?

yes that is correct

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Anyone thinking of going for Velliuex, he is retiring after sundays race

cherrypicked | 10 years ago
0 likes

I pick Sagan. Can I pick him 3.75 times for each race?

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

There's also the fact that Cannondale and Team Canada have both been given the same abbreviation(and jerseys)....however it does allow you to pick 2 from each team.

drheaton replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

There's also the fact that Cannondale and Team Canada have both been given the same abbreviation(and jerseys)....however it does allow you to pick 2 from each team.

I've sorted that out, CAN for Cannondale (as they're in more races) and CND for Canada. Shouldn't be required too often.

JAndrewHill replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

how do i find a list of canadians for the 'pick three quebecois' game?

ray silvester replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

I've sorted that out, CAN for Cannondale (as they're in more races) and CND for Canada. Shouldn't be required too often.

Unless the Campaign For Nuclear Disarmament take over the sponsorship at Vacansoleil LOL.....stranger things have happened/are happening(Fernando Alonso or even the Blanco debacle!!)

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, a couple of the dates on the competitions page are a bit squiffy - eg it says Beijing starts and finishes on the 16th, and it says the "Autumn Classics" start on 2nd Oct, but I can't find any races on that day. What races constitute Autumn classics out of interest? Just Lombardia and Paris-Tours now? (I know they cancelled Piemonte - did they cancel Milano-Torino as well?)

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Phew! Logged in to pick, but guess it can wait now.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah just checked that myself, just got confused over the 10th September start on the competitions list. cheers matey.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just looked, the race's are on Friday and Sunday

http://gpcqm.ca/en/home/

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hmmmmm I think that's Dr H's race....is he not on honeymoon....*goes to poke Dave with a stick*

Pages

Latest Comments