Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta - Stage 16

Lets hope for better weather so that the coverage is slightly better today..

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

91 points, a full house and a few green arrows, not bad considering the stage result.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

One winner today

1 NathanLukeTickner NathanLukeTickner 127

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Great to see Nibali losing time - still 4 guys that can win this I think...

Nerz nearly won me a packet - never mind. So many potential guys for the breakaways - just not managing to get lucky and pick the right ones so far. Barguil, Huzarski and Nerz were all on my list of ten to pick from, but obviously so were 7 guys who did nothing. EDIT - Mate came in 13th. Well done that man.

Sprint tomorrow?  3

Double edit - Sprint Wednesday??  3

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks mainly like gc points today for me ,  45

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

well that was a close one for Barguil!
Just 9,18,19,20

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Low scoring day for me! Should have taken a few risks maybe! Had Nerz for a few stages as well.

0 likes

Ah! That explains it!

0 likes

Oh yeah! On closer inspection its a replay of last year's stage one into Norwich (when Cav and Farrar crashed, although that doesn't really narrow it down...)

0 likes

Just deleted my comment after checking but it said on the screen that stage 1 was coming up! Panicked me for a sec but sometimes it pays to skip the first stage and see who's interested!

0 likes

Nah, starts this weekend. Fantasy game not open yet. Next one to watch out for is Quebec on Friday!

0 likes

Barguil's well ahead now. Euskatel not working so hard now!

chiv30 replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Just seen the Tour of Britain is on. Oops! Another competition where I've missed the first stage!

ToB doesn't start till Sunday  3

0 likes

Euskatel starting to push it. Gap coming down. Barguil's ahead again!

0 likes

Euskatel riding now. Setting up Sammy?

0 likes

You've got Txurruka in the break for your purists. Capecchi still not done anything for you though  3

chrisdstripes replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

You've got Txurruka in the break for your purists. Capecchi still not done anything for you though  3

I know - turns out Capecchi was a bad pick but I really expected him to go well, Moreno-style, if not quite to the same extent. Up there in the early summit finishes, and top 10 in the mountains. Not happened so far though...

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just a worker but with Quintana Movistar played the one-two so it was always a possibility. Herrada high up in GC without having scored many fantasy points. Purists the only thing I'm interested in now as I've won a stage (finally).

chrisdstripes replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Just a worker but with Quintana Movistar played the one-two so it was always a possibility. Herrada high up in GC without having scored many fantasy points. Purists the only thing I'm interested in now as I've won a stage (finally).

Yeah - Valverde was talking up Capecchi a while ago and I paid a bit too much attention. My purists are closing in on third overall so thats become a bit of a target!

0 likes

There's now 23 guys with a 3-minute lead, including a few decent climbers. Really can't call this one - have the GC guys let the break go or will they push on again on the climb?

0 likes

Big gap now. Not got anyone in the break. Oops!

0 likes

Edet in for someone. Can't remember who? Looks like there might be some GC action today as the two groups have only got a few seconds. Someone just bumped into someone having a piss! Looks like Barguil's having a go again.

0 likes

Messy now - gap is up again but lots of riders in between trying to jump across...

0 likes

Lead right down to 27 secs so its anyone's guess what'll happen today now. Movistar doing the work...

0 likes

Looks like the break is set - 1:28 with 67km to go...

Txurruka
Nerz
Flecha
CA Sorensen
Egoi Martinez
Sijmens
Huzarski
Uran
Kohler

I have a quid each way on Nerz at 200/1 so fingers crossed on that - more likely they won't let them get too far unfortunately...

0 likes

57km gone and no break can get clear. Edet won the first KOM, Valverde the first sprint. A good 40km to the next KOM so should see the break form fairly soon...

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

I too have Edet in... hoping Txurruka will do some breakaway action.

Otherwise it's GC fellas all the way. Banked a solitary transfer so will be able to play around a bit before Wednesday's transition stage.

backflipbedlem replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Banked a solitary transfer so will be able to play around a bit before Wednesday's transition stage.

Result, only just realised it was a rest day tomorrow, makes me feel better only having banked 1 transfer, saying that I might of made 2 transfers today had I known.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kept it the same, I think Sammy will win

Nibali
Valverde
Roche
Horner
Pozzovivo
Pinot
Sanchez
Txurruka
Petit

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just the one swap today

Anton out/Edet in

Nibali
Horner
Pozzovivo
Roche
Pinot
Valverde
Edet
Hoogerland
Anacona

chrisdstripes replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Just the one swap today

Anton out/Edet in

Nibali
Horner
Pozzovivo
Roche
Pinot
Valverde
Edet
Hoogerland
Anacona

Anton out for Edet was my transfer too. In fact we have the same top seven, with my two random break guys Mate and Aramendia. Not expecting much, would be nice to get someone in the break today though, 28 people in yesterday and I didn't have any of them!

Pages

Latest Comments