Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta - Stage 13

So was gonna keep my team as is, saving transfers for tomorrow, but after checking out todays profile a bit closer, i've had a bit of a rethink and swapped out 2

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

38 comments

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

well pretty dissapointing, 50 points

TERatcliffe26 replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Good for me - no-one in the break but had a mainly GC team so didn't drop back that much. Txurruka in the purists.

Made my transfers for tomorrow - tried to play safe but I can never resist picking for the break on a day like tomorrow!

Same for me, gonna lay it safeish tomorrow, as I think Txurruka will go again on Sunday, so will bring him in for then

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

Good for me - no-one in the break but had a mainly GC team so didn't drop back that much. Txurruka in the purists.

Made my transfers for tomorrow - tried to play safe but I can never resist picking for the break on a day like tomorrow!

Same for me, gonna lay it safeish tomorrow, as I think Txurruka will go again on Sunday, so will bring him in for then

9 climbers, two from a certain team in the news recently!! Plus, amazingly, 2 free transfers.
Had Gilbert today plus 6 GC including the big scorers. Glad Txurruka didn't do too great, don't want Chris catching up my purist team  3

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Completely throwing caution to the wind, making some bold transfers (including three penalties) so fingers crossed it pays off. I've omitted a couple of obvious choices so hoping that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

Alan Tullett replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Completely throwing caution to the wind, making some bold transfers (including three penalties) so fingers crossed it pays off. I've omitted a couple of obvious choices so hoping that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

I reckon the next few days will be GC but some people may stay away in a break, although probably not as many as today. Who they'll be is anyone's guess though as the mountain point table doesn't give you any help. Gone mainly GC tomorrow and then we'll see. I have a few spare transfers so could go on instinct for a couple of riders.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have 7 of the top 9 on GC plus an Eusky and a Caja, with one transfer left over. Thinking today will be a GC day, but still plenty of KOM points up for grabs - and keep remembering that stage with De Gendt and Cataldo last year, not to mention Piedra's epic ride. Expecting those kind of stages to wait until next week though...

Purists need Capecchi and Txurruka to score 100 points more than Lulu Sanchez and Pozzovivo - tough ask!

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

I dont like taking penalties, but could get a full house I reckon today if fabian cancellara scores....so lets see a chris horner win. Hot tip. Luke Rowe might be targetting this stage.

STEVESPRO 79 replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

I dont like taking penalties, but could get a full house I reckon today if fabian cancellara scores....so lets see a chris horner win. Hot tip. Luke Rowe might be targetting this stage.

If Luke Rowe wins this stage I will pay premium for `Enrique` for life...Its just not going to happen...  35

Pages

Latest Comments