Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Six new badges

There’s been a bit of discussion on other threads about additional badges. They’d need to come in a set of six, so if you could pick six of your own, what would they be? Sensible or bonkers, up to you.

Mine (fairly sensible) are:

Puncheur – pick stage winner on a MM stage
Skinsuit – pick stage winner on ITT stage
Chute – two or more riders withdraw from race/stage
Top banana– top scoring team on a race/stage (hardest badge to achieve?)
20k points – self-explanatory
Bookends – pick first and last place rider on a stage

I thought about, but didn’t include

Bargain hunter – top ten score on stage among teams costing 100 creds or less (a bit complicated)
Patriot – 150 points scored by riders of same nationality (also possibly a bit complicated to work out)
Cofidis award – zero points scored on a stage

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

ben_hawley | 10 years ago
0 likes

I love the badges!

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

Maybe slightly off topic and not a badge, but i would love to see a league table or something for grand tours only- Say the Adam Hansen price for best overall in aggregate 3 GT's! something like that, that rewards consistency.

overall not too fussed with badges, but they are a bit of fun  1

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm not so fussed about badges either - the only ones I'd be interested in are top 10 in a stage and top 100 in a comp, for the reasons mentioned by backflip above...

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

How about a badge that shows how many days in a row your team has risen in the current competition standing?... Or a badge that lights up any time you jump over 100 positions in a day in a competition?...

Alan Tullett wrote:

... All riders in the top 20. Not quite the same as full house as you can get that with table points....

I really like that one...

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

i think the main change to the badges next year is that they'll be more competition-specific

drheaton replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

i think the main change to the badges next year is that they'll be more competition-specific

Hurray!

It'd be nice to still have something to go for once the Vuelta rolls around.

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, I like 'em. Gives you something to aim for when you've no chance of winning a competition (i.e. every race).

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The badges add nothing to the game for me, but I guess some people like them.  35

drheaton replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

The badges add nothing to the game for me, but I guess some people like them.  35

If I remember correctly everyone was very excited by the badges at the start of the season and you promised a prize to whoever got the most of any single badge...

Gkam84 replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

If I remember correctly everyone was very excited by the badges at the start of the season and you promised a prize to whoever got the most of any single badge...

Correct, the problem is, if I'm not wrong, the total's stop at 50....so its impossible to pick one from another  20

drheaton replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
drheaton wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Correct, the problem is, if I'm not wrong, the total's stop at 50....so its impossible to pick one from another  20

They originally stopped at 50 but a while ago Dave created some new pictures for 50+, I've got 57 sprint badges if it helps  1

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

What about a top 10 (or 20) on a stage,as getting a podium is bloody hard. I know that's the point, but would be nice to show you've been close on however many occasions.

And still like the idea of a badge leader board as well.

What about a Chapeau badge for picking the most Combatative rider?

Agree with swapping the 2k for a 20k badge and some Purist specific badges as well

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think the puncher and ski suit are ok. Be nice to know the percentage of wins you've had in each as well.

25k sounds ok as well.

What about a 100 point average badge which lights up when your average score is100 or over and is dim otherwise. Not dependent on playing all the races and I'd consider it to be the gold standard. Would just apply to standard races.

All riders in the top 20. Not quite the same as full house as you can get that with table points.

Mountain point badge. Whoever gets the most points solely from that source, including the table.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Am I the only one who really does not give a damn about the badges...  13

stevemarks replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Am I the only one who really does not give a damn about the badges...  13

No!

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

The chute badge is not needed.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'd make the 20k points 25k to make it very difficult to acheive and possibly revise the current badges to 5k, 10k and then 25k so it wouldn't really need to be an extra badge. Don't see the point in the 2k badge given how quickly we all managed to get it.

Possibly a 'purist 10k' or 15k badge as that'd be fairly difficult to acheive.

I definitely like the 'bookends' badge though and that'd be fairly easy to implement I would expect, not sure on the skinsuit or puncheur badges though, don't think we necessarily need one for every stage type.

Latest Comments