Home

Looks like another Vuelta 'sprint stage'.  Basically pretty flat with a technical finish (including a slight rise) at the end.

I've brought in four for today, Meersman, Matthews, Richeze and Farrar (breaking fantasy cycling rule #2) and I used my spare transfer to swap Rodriguez for Valverde in the hope that he tries to pick up the points jersey for a few days.

16 comments

TERatcliffe26 [4621 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Ive gone for it today, wasn't going to but did

Valverde
Nibali
Roche
Basso
Meersman
EBH
Matthews
Richeze
Petit

Wig_Billy [578 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Gambling on today not being a straightforward sprint.

Valverde
Roche
Moreno
Horner
LL Sanchez
Cancellara
Gilbert
Stybar
EBH

simon F [1001 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

confirmado el abandono de Marco Pinotti (57)

Pinotti DNS today.

0 likes

So we go pretty much opposite Wig, I think im gonna be wrong again then! Hope not as alls i seem to have been is wrong with red arrows!

Gonna need penalties after today, my problem is that I think Moreno will win tomorrow (unless my wildcard goes for it) but is gonna be nowhere after that, and I don't wanna make loads of penalties  39

I may even leave EBH in for tomorrow as the Cat 1 is a fair way from the finish and with tough stages to come after that can't see much attacking on it  39

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Spartacus
Matthews
Richeze
Farrar  31
Nibali
Valverde
Roche
Basso
Horner

0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

So we go pretty much opposite Wig, I think im gonna be wrong again then! Hope not as alls i seem to have been is wrong with red arrows!

Gonna need penalties after today, my problem is that I think Moreno will win tomorrow (unless my wildcard goes for it) but is gonna be nowhere after that, and I don't wanna make loads of penalties  39

I may even leave EBH in for tomorrow as the Cat 1 is a fair way from the finish and with tough stages to come after that can't see much attacking on it  39

I think tomorrow is quite a good stage for EBH. He doesn't seem to be in top shape, but I still think he'll do something.

simon F [1001 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

No Soupe for dinner. He's abandoned.

Alan Tullett [1568 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Got Matthews, Stybar and Gilbert for today + GC.

Similar to Wig Billy.

JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Gambling on today not being a straightforward sprint.

Valverde
Roche
Moreno
Horner
LL Sanchez
Cancellara
Gilbert
Stybar
EBH

Are you dr who, always picking the winner mr wig? Do you have a tardis.

Alan Tullett [1568 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Gilbert wins! Matthews blew it and Stybar nowhere!

0 likes

Not sure what to make of that - 1,2 but nothing else.  39 Oh, and Lasca finally got some decent points for my purist team.

JAndrewHill wrote:

Are you dr who, always picking the winner mr wig? Do you have a tardis.

Ghedebrav [1100 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I think that's Gilbert's first win in the rainbow jersey, no?

Poor stage for me, only vague highlight being 10th place for Dempster, who I picked on a whim.

Funny old stage tomorrow. Might just write it off and save the transfers for the mountains.

drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Poor day for me, that knocks me right out of it and possibly dropping a good few places in the Forum Scorum too. 3, 5 and 16 and that's it.

backflipbedlem [1197 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

As always thought about Gilbert, but after bringing him in so many times, only for disappointment, I made it my rule not to bring him in! Doh!

Gkam84 [9086 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

3 winners today

1 Berties allsorts blowndes 157
1= liamsmale liamsmale 157
1= Team El Flaco flaco 157

0 likes

I didnt get it completely wrong at least, 2,3,5,11 was better than most with 14th on stage