Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Stage 12

Looks like another Vuelta 'sprint stage'.  Basically pretty flat with a technical finish (including a slight rise) at the end.

I've brought in four for today, Meersman, Matthews, Richeze and Farrar (breaking fantasy cycling rule #2) and I used my spare transfer to swap Rodriguez for Valverde in the hope that he tries to pick up the points jersey for a few days.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I didnt get it completely wrong at least, 2,3,5,11 was better than most with 14th on stage

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

3 winners today

1 Berties allsorts blowndes 157
1= liamsmale liamsmale 157
1= Team El Flaco flaco 157

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

As always thought about Gilbert, but after bringing him in so many times, only for disappointment, I made it my rule not to bring him in! Doh!

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think that's Gilbert's first win in the rainbow jersey, no?

Poor stage for me, only vague highlight being 10th place for Dempster, who I picked on a whim.

Funny old stage tomorrow. Might just write it off and save the transfers for the mountains.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Poor day for me, that knocks me right out of it and possibly dropping a good few places in the Forum Scorum too. 3, 5 and 16 and that's it.

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gilbert wins! Matthews blew it and Stybar nowhere!

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Got Matthews, Stybar and Gilbert for today + GC.

Similar to Wig Billy.

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

No Soupe for dinner. He's abandoned.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Spartacus
Matthews
Richeze
Farrar  31
Nibali
Valverde
Roche
Basso
Horner

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

confirmado el abandono de Marco Pinotti (57)

Pinotti DNS today.

0 likes

So we go pretty much opposite Wig, I think im gonna be wrong again then! Hope not as alls i seem to have been is wrong with red arrows!

Gonna need penalties after today, my problem is that I think Moreno will win tomorrow (unless my wildcard goes for it) but is gonna be nowhere after that, and I don't wanna make loads of penalties  39

I may even leave EBH in for tomorrow as the Cat 1 is a fair way from the finish and with tough stages to come after that can't see much attacking on it  39

Wig_Billy replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

So we go pretty much opposite Wig, I think im gonna be wrong again then! Hope not as alls i seem to have been is wrong with red arrows!

Gonna need penalties after today, my problem is that I think Moreno will win tomorrow (unless my wildcard goes for it) but is gonna be nowhere after that, and I don't wanna make loads of penalties  39

I may even leave EBH in for tomorrow as the Cat 1 is a fair way from the finish and with tough stages to come after that can't see much attacking on it  39

I think tomorrow is quite a good stage for EBH. He doesn't seem to be in top shape, but I still think he'll do something.

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gambling on today not being a straightforward sprint.

Valverde
Roche
Moreno
Horner
LL Sanchez
Cancellara
Gilbert
Stybar
EBH

JAndrewHill replied to Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Gambling on today not being a straightforward sprint.

Valverde
Roche
Moreno
Horner
LL Sanchez
Cancellara
Gilbert
Stybar
EBH

Are you dr who, always picking the winner mr wig? Do you have a tardis.

Wig_Billy replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not sure what to make of that - 1,2 but nothing else.  39 Oh, and Lasca finally got some decent points for my purist team.

JAndrewHill wrote:

Are you dr who, always picking the winner mr wig? Do you have a tardis.

0 likes

Ive gone for it today, wasn't going to but did

Valverde
Nibali
Roche
Basso
Meersman
EBH
Matthews
Richeze
Petit