Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Skys Team Leaders

Obviously Froome, is the world number 1. However, with Wiggins retiring next year and Uran leaving, it is difficult to see any other leaders in team sky. I thought at one point Sky would have a good shot at holding all 3 grand tours at once, certainly 2 out of the 3, I definitely do not think it now. Do you think Sky will will sign anyone? Or will they just put all their efforts into the Tour De France and look for stage wins in the other tours?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

daddyELVIS | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think the hierarchy will be Froome, Porte, Kennaugh, but winning a 3rd Tour de France will be no.1 goal to prepare for.

mooleur replied to daddyELVIS | 10 years ago
0 likes
daddyELVIS wrote:

I think the hierarchy will be Froome, Porte, Kennaugh, but winning a 3rd Tour de France will be no.1 goal to prepare for.

^^ Agree with this I reckon.

Ace to see Pete doing so well on the road (fellow Manxie!)

That trio is just the stuff of dreams.  4

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

Correction: Wiggins is not retiring next year, just moving back to the track.

The door swings both ways. Who would you like to see move to Sky?

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

Porte? Henao isn't there right now, but could be at some point. Thomas too, maybe?
It's quite hard to have several GC guys in the team. The TDF is the ultimate prize for any rider, so balancing several egos and ambitions would be tough.

Latest Comments