Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike buying advice

G'day all,

Wondering if I could get some advice from you guys. I've been living overseas for the last 6 years and sold my road bike before I leave with a view to upgrade on arrival back in the UK. Thing is, I haven't a clue where to look. I know there's a good few online shops but I'd rather visit and test as all I know is that I want something with Ultegra (possibly Di2). Had a Spec Tarmac before, but I'm open to looking at other brands.

I'm in South London, so question is, does anyone have any recommendations for competitive pricing/good service stores?

Thanks in advance.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

arfa | 10 years ago
0 likes

I am sure most retailers will do deals on 2013 stock around this time of year !

baracas77 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers guys, in Croydon (luckily temporarily!!) so both those are doable.

Are they good in terms of price?

Wee Jobbie | 10 years ago
0 likes

Depending on where abouts in South London I would recommend Apex Cycles in Clapham, always good service and will listen to you and sell you what you need/ want.

arfa | 10 years ago
0 likes

Simple for me. Stick with specialized. When my bike got written off by a car in February the Kingston branch got me rebuilt and back on the road in a week after being messed around by the original bike vendor for weeks. Good luck !

Latest Comments