Anyone know what tool I need for removing Freehub PIC Included

by uksportives   August 28, 2013  

On the subject Anyone know what tool I use to get the Cassette Freehub Assembly out marked with red arrows.

tool.png222.62 KB

3 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Should be a 12mm Allen key.

SpeshRider7287's picture

posted by SpeshRider7287 [75 posts]
28th August 2013 - 22:34

like this
Like (2)

Sorry don't mean to be rude, are you serious a "Allen key" have you looked at where I placed the red arrows...

This is not a freewheel hub where it is released with an Allen key (Like some), A Allen key has 5 sides, hex shape, the 2 marked with red arrows don't resemble an Allen key at all...

Thanks anyway.

uksportives's picture

posted by uksportives [30 posts]
28th August 2013 - 23:10

like this
Like (0)

EDIT, after a little searching, you need a tool that Shimano used to make, called a FH-40.

Thankfully for you, Park Tool make one, its called a FR-2

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8129 posts]
28th August 2013 - 23:53

like this
Like (1)