Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Riding with New York Bike Snob

Just found out I rode with cycling's top blogger last year, NYBS.

http://outside.away.com/outside/culture/200908/single-speed-world-champi...

A couple of photo's of me and Carl Decker (the winner) at SSWC08. Nice day out on my non cycling holiday!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Blackhound | 14 years ago
0 likes

He is a pro for Giant so probably does not fall off much.

He did quite well at Aviemore in '07 but as the '07 winner was mincing around in Beijing that weekend in some other race CD took the opportunity to get a major win under his cape.

OldRidgeback | 14 years ago
0 likes

I prefer Yahoo to Google.

Maybe it is a mask. I'd want to hide my identity if that was me.

Going by his tan, he's not used to wearing such revealing gear. I wonder if he's a Sasha Baron Cohen fan?

OldRidgeback | 14 years ago
0 likes

The guy in the woman's swimming cossie would have some curious injuries if he came off. I note he's got a lid, goggles, gloves and elbow pads on but he didn't seem to think he needed protection anywhere else.

DaSy replied to OldRidgeback | 14 years ago
0 likes
OldRidgeback wrote:

I note he's got a lid, goggles, gloves and elbow pads on but he didn't seem to think he needed protection anywhere else.

I think that is a superhero/ol' skool burglar mask rather than googles...and those calves are hewn from granite!

Blackhound | 14 years ago
0 likes

I'm in the green of Ireland with special edition green Saeco shorts from Cipolini era. Mrs B gave me permission to take bike - not quite sure why now. I had a bit of a fall and retired and was unable to ride the rest of the trip anyway (or laugh for much of it!).

Arrangement is one year I have a one week non cycling holiday and two week cycling holiday on my own, following year it is reversed. Very fair, no complaints.

Some wonderful road riding in California and hope to go back. One road / climb looked great and just after that Rapha published a route up same climb out of Palo Alto that I drove.

Mr Sock | 14 years ago
0 likes

Which one are you then BH? As you weren't on a cycling holiday I'm thinking your the fella on the bottom riding in his wife's swimming cossie… needs must 'n all

Latest Comments