Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

USA Pro - Stage 2

So as we all wait eagerly to find out how we did on stage 1, we've got to get on with making our picks for stage 2.

For some reason I had Froome for stage 1, looking at everyone's teams yesterday, not many people thought he was worth having in their purist teams.
Is Froome here to just keep up appearances or is he going for GC? Or will we only know after tonight?

The Joys!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

24 comments

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yes I saw we had similar teams - damn you Ratcliffe! I just said it was my best chance so far - that doesn't mean its a particularly good chance! You're right tho - I need them both to start getting in breaks, so fingers crossed. Voigt can always surprise in a TT as well I guess, but so can quite a few others.

Just finalising my Vuelta team - as long as I don't mess that up I should be on for top 10 overall for Purist. Can always go horribly wrong in a 3-week tour tho...

fluffchucker | 10 years ago
0 likes

Best score on a stage @ 234  16
AND 159 place jump = one giant leap  4

Pity it won't last  20

0 likes

Not going well for my standard team! 12th in Purist though, maybe my best chance yet of winning a Forum's Scorum's comp! (Way to put a hoodoo on that Chris)...

TERatcliffe26 replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Not going well for my standard team! 12th in Purist though, maybe my best chance yet of winning a Forum's Scorum's comp! (Way to put a hoodoo on that Chris)...

Don't count your chickens yet  3

Voigt and Jacques-Maynes v Gallopin and Dombrowski

Think your gonna need one or both of your riders in a break to beat my team, especially due to the lack of sprinters, and I can see a sprint today, stage 6 and stage 7, but we shall see

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Frank doesn't get the praise he deserves. So pleased for him after the disappointment of the Tour de Suisse.

TERatcliffe26 replied to obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes
obutterwick wrote:

Frank doesn't get the praise he deserves. So pleased for him after the disappointment of the Tour de Suisse.

I didn't go for him as I already had two BMC (and think Tejay is the better bet for stage 5), but agree he is much better than people give him credit for.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

So annoyed with myself for not having Craddock! Normally for the U.S tours he'd be my first pick  20
Example being he scored me a total of 88 at this years Tour of Cali  40

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Full house for jandrewhill....if only I had bone for frank as I was so tempted....

0 likes

3, 4, 11, 12, 20 + GVA & TJ bonuses few GC and other Jersey points. might of scrapped 100 after my 10 penalty points  2

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Damn thought my team would do ok  20

3,4,6,8,11,15,16,20 + GVA(won the second sprint I beliveve)....nevermind!

Even worse for my purist, just 3,4,6,15,16,20 + GVA

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,3,4,6,14,15,20 + GC

0 likes

Lemus wins the sprint.Followed by schar, millar, siutsiv and cooke

0 likes

I so nearly picked siutsov...hes joined the break

0 likes

Schar wins kom1, followed by cooke and then lemus. (ok GKam)

JAndrewHill replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Schar wins kom1, followed by cooke and then lemus. (ok GKam)

Then came wren, maynes, lewis, bookwalter, miller, voight, dombrowski.

I am on their back wheel...lol

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh great start i had Kennaugh  2

0 likes

I have gone for carter jones...he showed up well yesterday aznd likes a climb

0 likes

They're off - climbing Independence pass (apparently the highest point above sea level that any pro race goes this season). Twitter says Kennaugh has abandoned.

Early break has some colourful jerseys. Schar (Swiss champion), Cooke (KOM) and Lemus from Jelly Belly. 2:20 on the field, hopefully Cooke can pick up some more mountain points!

0 likes

Kennaugh has quit the race  26

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

made 3 changes, 10 point penalty, prob swap all back for 2moro

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

hmm spose i shud get rid of froome then?? just cant imagine him holding back...
maybe my inexperience showing!

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Took out Sagan and Sabatini and replaced them with Caruso and TJ.

Left Froome in, dont know why after yesterday but i've got a feeling he will be there at the end.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Keeping up appearances, Dombrowski is the GC guy for sky hence him being in my purist team.

Mezgec and Bazzana out of my standard team for tonight

chrisdstripes replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Keeping up appearances, Dombrowski is the GC guy for sky hence him being in my purist team.

Mezgec and Bazzana out of my standard team for tonight

I took those two out as well - replaced by Euser and Matt Cooke. 30+ credits left, can I use them for the Vuelta instead?!

Latest Comments