Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

ridley orion

I have the chance to get a 2013 ridley orion special edition from my lbs at a pretty decent price, does anyone own one or have any knowledge about them please?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

pedalor | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have ordered it today .its the summer edition one

mpt68 | 10 years ago
0 likes

i've had an Orion since 2009. full ultegra groupset. good decent ride. ive had many long hours out on it and its been a great bike. thinking about upgrading to the latest model

pedalor | 10 years ago
0 likes

Its the 105 group set . Thanks I reckon it could be my new bike

Mikeh789 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The 2010 Orion frame featured a 'T' shaped top tube, the newer frame shape is different. You don't say what groupset it comes with, I bought just the frameset & fitted an Ultegra groupset & Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels + some 4ZA components. This is my second Ridley, the first being an Icarus (Aluminium), the Orion is a strong frame & always encourages me to go quicker!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

futurefunk | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a 2010 Orion. The frame hasn't changed since then. Awesome bike if you're going from aluminum to carbon. Good reviews at the time but outdated now. Although Wiggle now sells them for cheaper but rebranded as their house brand: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/verenti-insight-105-2013-ex-demo/

Latest Comments