Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eneco Tour - Stage 6

Gilbert for the win.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

23 comments

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gilbert's knee after stage finish

enrique replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Gilbert's knee after stage finish

That is gruesome. Wow.  2

memories of meseeuw | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gilbert went down in a 20 man pile up that included Phinney who had to abandon straight away. Gilbert got back on to the Chava group and finished 22nd but later went to hospital to have his knee stitched.

I'm saying nothing, but Tom Dumoulin was also in that crash and then went on to ride like a beast - not only to get back on but to then help form the 2nd group on the road and work his proverbials off, totally unaided by anyone else in the group, to put time into Chavanel and nearly catch the remains of the breakaway on the line! Immense ride today from Tom Dumoulin in what was a great stage to watch.

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Up to 5th in the Forum. Could have been 3rd if I'd had Westra like I thought I did.

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

I was wrong. A rapid fall down the Forums Scorums Mini League to boot.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Typical, straight after making my transfers I read the tweet that Gilbert has abandoned

Penalty or not  39

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Typical, straight after making my transfers I read the tweet that Gilbert has abandoned...

Wow. Crappy. What happened? Did he say?...

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Typical, straight after making my transfers I read the tweet that Gilbert has abandoned...

Wow. Crappy. What happened? Did he say?...

I believe he was involved in a crash at some point today

livestrongnick replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Typical, straight after making my transfers I read the tweet that Gilbert has abandoned

Penalty or not  39

Same here, already dropped Phinney and Spilak because they was DNF. Not sure if it's worth it  39 but last stage nothing to lose so i'm going for the pen!  26

0 likes

This game is bizarre sometimes, I thought id had a nightmare day with my purist team, yet it moves up to 7th....

Had I made my planned transfer of Bakelants rather than plumping for Gilbert after the amount of teams that had him the other day, id have won the stage  20

0 likes

Nightmare for my purist team! gutted

Not bad for my standard as I had Dumoulin, Stybar, Impey, Kelderman, Weening and Chavanel.

My big mistake was Gilbert over Bakelants  2

Phinney and Boom out tomorrow as Gilbert could do something.

Scores will be up when I have full results

0 likes

Cannot believe I had Demare in my team and transferred out Westra for Langeveld!! Just don't concentrate on these smaller races. Good day's racing though. Plenty of action and good landscape too.

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

One of those days where I could've *sworn* I had Dumoulin in my squad but apparently did not. Baby brain.

On the plus side, I had Stybar (who looked so good at Paris-Roubaix, remember) and Westra, so should have had an OK day with 2,7,12,17 plus random extra points from GC etc.

TBH not following this one (or the last couple of races) that closely...

0 likes

I thought I had Westra but transferred him out for Langeveld.  20

0 likes

I have stybar but no dumoulin  40
2, 6, 7 GC
2, 7, 12, 17 on stage

0 likes

2, 4, now 1, 2, 7, 8 GC plus others.

Good day I think. I hope not too many people have Stybar.

0 likes

Westra doing well up front. Chavanal, Stybar Gilbert and Dumoulin in my team are chasing the lead group. Pity about Phinney, seems to get into crashes a lot.

0 likes

Phinney has abandoned.  20

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Crash caused a bit of havoc.
Lead group has 5 mins on peleton.
Gilbert 2 mins behind peleton.
Phinney may be out

0 likes

Boom, Gilbert, Phinney podium?

0 likes

Already got him but this race is pretty unpredictable so he might actually do it!

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

put him in as well. But not holding my breath. He's let me down so many times this year.

0 likes

Put him in my team hoping he can break of the front 3km  19 to go for a chance of overall  39

I can but dream..........  23

Latest Comments