Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eneco Tour - Stage 1

OK, here is my team:

Greipel
Kittel
Demare
Eisel
Van Poppel (D)
Swift
Impey
Phinney
Bos

I picked that last week and am no unsure about my judgement in retrospect (esp. Swift, who seems overpriced) but I do have high hopes for Theo Bos.

My purist is sort-of similar, though I've included Kelderman as he has a decent shot of winning the thing.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ive left sprinters in and brought in Phinney for Bozic. Not making any transfers till the ITT now.

I actually think my purist team has a decent chance

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Found this if it helps
http://sport.be.msn.com/enecotour/2013/downloads/parcours/finish02.pdf:? i'm sticking and saving transfers

0 likes

Right the Eneco website seems to be as good as useless, unless anyone else can find a breakdown of the sprints, so im going to trust the ones on cycling news, as they are the only ones I can find.

The points are a slight change to what is listed, but only minor

There are no mountain points (as I thought may be the case).
The primus sprints are scored 5 down to 1 for 5th (part of the primus jersey)(rather than just 3 to 1)
sprints are 3 down to 1 (part of the points jersey as expetcted)

0 likes

Bozic last man  26

DVP 21st  2

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

2,3,5,8,14,17 for me

Where were Saxo, no-one sprinting for them  39

0 likes

top 20

1 Mark Renshaw BELKIN PROCYCLING TEAM 4:01:14
2 André Greipel LOTTO BELISOL 0:00:02
3 Giacomo Nizzolo RADIOSHACK-LEOPARD 0:00:02
4 Ariel Maximiliano Richeze LAMPRE - MERIDA 0:00:02
5 Elia Viviani CANNONDALE PRO CYCLING 0:00:02
6 Taylor Phinney BMC RACING TEAM 0:00:02
7 Michael Van Staeyen TOPSPORT VLAANDEREN-BALOISE 0:00:02
8 Davide Appollonio AG2R LA MONDIALE 0:00:02
9 Alessandro Petacchi LAMPRE - MERIDA 0:00:02
10 Ruslan Tleubayev ASTANA PRO TEAM 0:00:02
11 Francisco José Ventoso Alberdi MOVISTAR TEAM 0:00:02
12 Manuel Belletti AG2R LA MONDIALE 0:00:02
13 Danilo Napolitano ACCENT JOBS - WANTY 0:00:02
14 Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil MOVISTAR TEAM 0:00:02
15 Jon Aberasturi Izaga EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI 0:00:02
16 Yauheni Hutarovich AG2R LA MONDIALE 0:00:02
17 Arnaud Demare FDJ 0:00:02
18 Tyler Farrar GARMIN-SHARP 0:00:02
19 Christopher Sutton SKY PROCYCLING 0:00:02
20 Lars Boom BELKIN PROCYCLING TEAM 0:00:02

Got a feeling scoring this is gonna be a nightmare, as im not sure im gonna get intermediates breakdown.  39

0 likes

Rider
1 RENSHAW Mark
Belkin Pro Cycling Team 4:01:14
2 GREIPEL Andre
Lotto Belisol Team 0:02
3 NIZZOLO Giacomo
RadioShack - Leopard ,,
4 RICHEZE Ariel Maximiliano
Lampre - Merida ,,
5 VIVIANI Elia
Cannondale Pro Cycling Team ,,
6 PHINNEY Taylor
BMC Racing Team ,,
7 VAN STAEYEN Michael
Topsport Vlaanderen – Baloise ,,
8 APPOLLONIO Davide
AG2R La Mondiale ,,
9 PETACCHI Alessandro
Omega Pharma - Quick-Step ,,
10 TLEUBAYEV Ruslan
Astana Pro Team ,,

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

2,3,5 for me as well

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

renshaw
greipel
nizzolo
richeze
viviani
phinney
van staeyen
appollonio
petacchi
tieubayev

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,7 I think - probably nothing else but I'll take that. Had my team sorted all week and then brought Renshaw in for Moser last night  4
EDIT - If that was Viviani in 5th, then I have him too - better than expected. Wonder if Napolitano squeezed into the top 20?

livestrongnick replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

1,2,3,7 I think - probably nothing else but I'll take that. Had my team sorted all week and then brought Renshaw in for Moser last night  4
EDIT - If that was Viviani in 5th, then I have him too - better than expected. Wonder if Napolitano squeezed into the top 20?

Chapeau  41 Chris with Napolitano scoring you got the stage ahead of me by 3 points  41

chrisdstripes replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

Chapeau  41 Chris with Napolitano scoring you got the stage ahead of me by 3 points  41

Crazy! Sorry Nick - I underestimated how well I'd done today! That's my first stage win in a non-premium comp.

Not sure about tomorrow, looks like the last km ramps up at about 5%, most sprinters can deal with that right?  39

0 likes

2,3 and 5 maybe for me

2,3 and 6 for purist

0 likes

Kittel was 24th and Kruopis 30th I saw on the screen above the finish

0 likes

1, 2, 3, 5, 7,  16

livestrongnick replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

1, 2, 3, 5, 7,  16

+16 & 17

161ish

0 likes

I don't have Renshaw  20 , but good start for my purist team I think, with Boom and Phinney picking up some points.

Greipel 2nd
I think Nizzolo may have been 3rd (although didnt look like him), and Richeze 4th  39

Bozic lost ground  20

0 likes

4 renshaw wins it  4

backflipbedlem replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

4 renshaw wins it  4

Nice pick dude!

0 likes

Boom, Phinney, Bodnar 1,2,3 at the last Bonificates sprint
Jacobs, Verraes, De Vreese 1,2,3, at the 2nd one
Those 3 contested the 1st but was in a different order, I believe it was won by Verraes

De Vreese won both the primus sprints

0 likes

I may have made a slight error with the Primus sprint points, they may be for four riders, 4,3,2,1 rather than just three, 3,2,1.

Just hope I get a decent results breakdown later

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

it'll be interesting to see what people *do* with their teams though - having a bigger selection of affordable riders will mean that the choices possibly aren't as obvious.

like the good doctor says, eneco is the opposite of the Tour - a lot of second tier riders. the current Vuelta roster is more balanced: valverde will still cost you 40 but mid-range stars will be cheaper and so there's more choice for a given stage: both in who to pick, and who to transfer.

(you can't see the vuelta yet BTW)

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

And as you know Dr, the value's have been adjusted after all the TDF complaints, so it has lead to everyone being cheap.

drheaton replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

And as you know Dr, the value's have been adjusted after all the TDF complaints, so it has lead to everyone being cheap.

Yes, the values have been amended slightly to give a faster drop off as people come out of form but I also think that the rosters are a large part of this.

Any anyway, just demanding something is changed after one race isn't that helpful. We should be using the rest of the season to test a system for next year. Chopping and changing because you don't like what it does after one stage of one race isn't constructive.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

This is true, but again Dave did that without knowing the rosters, so it could have worked out perfectly with a few bigger names/GC type guys.

The other thing is the fact that people will pick the cheaper sprinters due to the fact its almost a race of two halves, as its almost 4 flat stages followed by the ITT and 2 lumpy stages. Had these been mixed up, a greater diversity of teams would been seen.

There are a few I could say that were maybe cheaper than they should be, but equally there are plenty that id say are about right (if you take out who is or isnt riding)

0 likes

3 riders @8.10 after 50km
VERRAES Benjamin
JACOBS Pieter
DE VREESE Laurens

TERatcliffe26 replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

3 riders @8.10 after 50km
VERRAES Benjamin
JACOBS Pieter
DE VREESE Laurens

I sat at looked at both Jacobs and De Vreese last night, knowing they had been in breaks last year and then went Napolitano instead, error!

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

See what happens when you lower the rider value's....everyone picks very similar teams. Hopefully get that changed back before the USA Pro......DAVE??

drheaton replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

See what happens when you lower the rider value's....everyone picks very similar teams. Hopefully get that changed back before the USA Pro......DAVE??

In fairness, other than Greipel all of the sprinters racing are 'second tier' sprinters or have been at some point in the last twelve months meaning they haven't built up masses of fantasy points.

In the last twelve months Kittel has earned 462 points. Compare that to Sagan who has 1281 or Cavendish who has 1256. You know as well as anyone that values are based on the entire list of riders and not just those racing so this isn't so much an issue of everyone's values being too low as it is the complete opposite of the Tour de France.

During the TdF there were lots of complaints about high values. We all said that it was because teams brought their strongest and most in-form riders. This is the exact opposite with major stars being left at home and teams being built around second tier sprinters. That's why the riders are cheaper.

You can't tell people to 'deal with it' during the TdF then demand change now, this is just how the pricing works and unless we price based on finalised rosters the night before the race there's not much that we can do about it.

backflipbedlem replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

In fairness, other than Greipel all of the sprinters racing are 'second tier' sprinters or have been at some point in the last twelve months meaning they haven't built up masses of fantasy points.

In the last twelve months Kittel has earned 462 points. Compare that to Sagan who has 1281 or Cavendish who has 1256. You know as well as anyone that values are based on the entire list of riders and not just those racing so this isn't so much an issue of everyone's values being too low as it is the complete opposite of the Tour de France.

During the TdF there were lots of complaints about high values. We all said that it was because teams brought their strongest and most in-form riders. This is the exact opposite with major stars being left at home and teams being built around second tier sprinters. That's why the riders are cheaper.

You can't tell people to 'deal with it' during the TdF then demand change now, this is just how the pricing works and unless we price based on finalised rosters the night before the race there's not much that we can do about it.

Totally agree, its nice to have a bit of money to play with, without most of the budget spent on just a couple of the top riders.

Pages

Latest Comments