Ribble Gran Fondo

by mancsi   August 11, 2013  

Hi, I have a Bianchi Via Nirone with 105 components. Im looking at a Carbon Ribble, preferable the Gran Fondo! I am curious though if anyone has one? And the opinions on it? I have cosmic wheels so if anyone is interested in some new wheels let me know..

4 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

What's wrong with your Bianchi, just out of interest?

I've always considered them quite classy and stylish. Ribble, perhaps less so, although of course great value

posted by 700c [553 posts]
12th August 2013 - 12:17

like this
Like (1)

Gran Fondo's a lovely frame (not as nice as the R872, though) Smile

Sorry but your wheels are no good for my bike - I have Campag chainset. If the R872 didn't exist, I'd have the GF for sure

andylul's picture

posted by andylul [411 posts]
12th August 2013 - 14:30

like this
Like (0)

Not a thing wrong with her Smile

I just fancy a new bike, I know what you mean about the class and style. I am debating if I am now a Bianchi thoroughbred!!

2 wheels please!

posted by mancsi [119 posts]
12th August 2013 - 20:10

like this
Like (1)

I ride the (red Sportive Race) model before the Gran Fondo which is a very nice ride, smooth, responsive and comfortable. My only criticism is that the steering is just a touch too stable for my liking, i prefer something a little flightier. If the GF is based on my frame then it will be a good frame. Sorry but i cant compare it with what you are already riding or cannot comment on the wheels either.

posted by Welsh boy [102 posts]
12th August 2013 - 21:20

like this
Like (1)