FS: BMW Williams F1 Q8.R Bike, very special rare bike.

by AdyM   August 5, 2013  

I have a BMW q8.r from 2004/5. In its complete original condition with BMW Williams F1 decals and BMW branded saddle, saddlebag and top cap.
BMW Aluminium Frame (56cm)
Shimano Dura-ace 9 speed drivetrain, seatpost + SPD-R pedals.
Profile Design carbon forks and handlebars.
Mavic Ksyrium wheelset.

Limited Production Worldwide for the Williams F1 team and now a great mint condition bike.

Extremely good condition and very rare.

£1500 or sensible offer.

Thanks, Adrian.

AttachmentSize
q8r.jpg36.63 KB
q8r f1.jpg37.29 KB
Side view.JPG54.99 KB
BMW topcap.JPG34.24 KB
Top tube detail.JPG25.4 KB
BMW saddle.JPG55.05 KB
Dura-ace.JPG62.21 KB

12 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Where an earth did you find that?! I was racing at Williams then and don't remember them! I remember the whyte style BMW full suss mountain bikes however, i'm not suggesting these aren't genuine just curious, you wouldn't find that fat knacker JPM cycling either !! Smile

posted by Amos [41 posts]
5th August 2013 - 21:39

like this
Like (2)

The limited production run may have been as limited as 100 (from various web searches) This one was donated by BMW to a raffle at a motor industry corporate dinner. It's genuine Smile

posted by AdyM [7 posts]
5th August 2013 - 23:21

like this
Like (2)

I don't know where you have got your information, but that colour scheme wasn't the limited team edition one. The silver was the normal one they sold from the end of November 04. The red one is the team edition and its VERY rare, I believe only 50.

Its still a nice bike and worth what you are asking, but here is the red version

P0017564.JPG
Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8146 posts]
6th August 2013 - 1:06

like this
Like (2)

Thats the one i remember! Goes off to have a dig around at work for it...

posted by Amos [41 posts]
6th August 2013 - 7:30

like this
Like (2)

Thanks for all your feedback, if anyone is interested email me on adrian@tilde.co.uk Smile

posted by AdyM [7 posts]
6th August 2013 - 18:18

like this
Like (2)

Hi All, I have been doing some more research and I do believe the silver colour was the limited edition. The blue and silver represents the F1 BMW Williams race team, whereas the blue and red represents the BMW Motorsports division (looking at the wording on the frame). However I do think that both models are equally rare, and both were probably limited in production.

posted by AdyM [7 posts]
8th August 2013 - 11:34

like this
Like (3)

Adrian, actually, you are bang on right....I think Wink

I had a red on in 2005 thanks to a connection I have with Andy Priaulx, he got it because at the time, he was the best BMW touring car driver around, it makes sense that the Motorsport division was red and the F1 Williams was silver.

In which case would lead me to believe that the total was 100 overall, because I'm pretty sure the red was limited to 50.

Used to get Schnitzer products aswell Big Grin

Gkam84's picture

8th August 2013 - 12:33

like this
Like (2)

I find this forum post so bizarre.

2 posters stating they own and have owned the 2 variants of the bike but neither of them using pictures of their own bikes, just random google searches? Thinking

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/userid/262131/car/189763/profile.aspx

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/pressclub/p/ea/photoDetail.html?title=bmw...

Anyway, who am I to question logic, I was just interested in knowing a little more about the bike and was a little surprised to see the same picture come up (the 1 in the room not the 1 with racing drivers Smile ). All I know if I own/owned a limited addition bike I'd have plenty of my own photo's to use rather than internet searched photos?

2014 Ride100 London Sportive
http://www.justgiving.com/Sponsor-Tim

posted by Tinternet_tim [73 posts]
13th August 2013 - 20:36

like this
Like (3)

Well I can't provide pictures of my bike, unless I printed out or published pictures somewhere online, I don't have any digital pictures from before 2008, that's when my usb hard drive with all my back up's died. Lost travel and holiday photos from a number of trips

Gkam84's picture

13th August 2013 - 20:52

like this
Like (2)

New pictures added. If anyone requests any more pictures, then ask here. Or email me (details higher up) for more information/pictures (can email original size pictures too). The only reason I used those pictures originally was because I hadn't taken these ones yet. Those photos were taken this morning to show the bikes current condition. Thanks Smile

posted by AdyM [7 posts]
14th August 2013 - 11:26

like this
Like (2)

Now accepting offers, anyone interested just say an offer Smile thanks

posted by AdyM [7 posts]
3rd September 2013 - 14:01

like this
Like (2)

Still available Smile

posted by AdyM [7 posts]
8th December 2013 - 3:13