Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eneco Tour 2013

A bit early i know but when will the start lists be opened up for us. Cycling Fever have quite a few riders already listed, albeit none from some teams.

Away on my jollies as of Friday and i wanted my team already in place before i go as the Mrs wont be happy if i'm on my phone doing my team whilst we are away. Cheers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

23 comments

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

7 mins left. Looking forward to this one, not sure why, think there's a broad range of riders who could do well, so could be quite open.
Hoping my Purist team will do well, most effort I've put into it before. Which will probably mean it'll fall flat on its face!

Good luck All!!

allezsteve | 10 years ago
0 likes

Mini preview from Lotto team here http://www.lottobelisol.be/en/voorbeschouwing-eneco-tour-1382.htm
Looking forward to some fantasy racing after the break since Tour of Poland. Thanks for a great game  16

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

I expect a lot of people have seen them on this site but here's the profiles bar 1,3 & 4 (I guess they are more or less flat)

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Eneco_Tour_2013-Profiles_Overview

waxenjackson | 10 years ago
0 likes

I know he's not having a great time of it at the moment , but Wiggins costing 17.7? Is that right?

drheaton replied to waxenjackson | 10 years ago
0 likes
waxenjackson wrote:

I know he's not having a great time of it at the moment , but Wiggins costing 17.7? Is that right?

Values are based on both form and terrain. Wiggins isn't in great form and usually doesn't score well on flat stages so his value is lower to reflect both those things.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Think many people are going to have exactly the same teams for the start of this one.....

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Going full on sprint based with 2 changes in mind for stage 2  26

adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes

is stage 1 completely flat???

TERatcliffe26 replied to adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes
adholman wrote:

is stage 1 completely flat???

One shortish climb about halfway into the stage

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

aha the teams are up!

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

So many sprinters to choose from...  39

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Boonen is out Chris

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the link Stumps! Very handy. Translation can always be a bit dodgy - the way I read it, stage 6 is a steep uphill finish for 1km, as is stage 7, and stage 2 is an uphill finish but can't tell how steep it is. 1,3,4 almost certain sprints, 2 less so, 6,7 classics-type stages and 5 is of course the short ITT.

Lots of potential bargains - people who have been quiet this season and we don't know what kind of form they'll show. Boonen is 7.9 credits, but I read yesterday he may have saddle sore. Don't know how true that is, whenever I don't pick someone because I've heard they're injured, they usually go well...

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

If you go onto www.touretappe.nl and get the page translated it will give you a run down of each stage, the climbs, percentages etc.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

If you go onto steephill they have last years results for both stages and overall. I searched on google and found a site which described the routes (had to have it translated) and although the 2nd stage is classed as MM it will be a sprint finish. The only difficult stage for the sprinters is probably the last where there are numerous climbs of 6 - 8% over about 2k which might let the likes of Gilbert / Gerrans go off the front.

I will try and find the website again and post a link for it for everyone.

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

procyclingstats also has last years individual stage results, but no profiles. upon studying the official website closely, you can get a pretty good sense of the stage types, i feel. Although I have no idea what the various sprint bonifacation points do. I think they use the term bonification to represent bonus seconds, thus important for GC. as distinct from the other sprints, which i guess would be for sprinters comp. But that's a guess, I dont actually know.

tony kappler | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks TE,
I missed the little profiles at the bottom of some maps, and I'll have to get out the slide rule for the lengths/percentages calculation.
Don't the event organisers realise some people analyse the route more closely than the Directeurs Sportif.
I found last years results at Cycling News by googling "Eneco Tour 2012".
Regards,

tony kappler | 10 years ago
0 likes

Details of the Eneco seem non existant, even on their official website. Does anyone know where to find profiles?
Dave, you have mentioned "Primus" and "Bonificates" sprint points in your information on scoring; will the points competition at end of each stage be for POINTS points? (I ask this now cos of the Tour of Poland debate).
I know we all garner info from lots of sources (and maybe some would like to protect those sources), but I think it would be good to have a quick summary of the basics such as where to find profiles, jersey information, official race points for int sprints, finishes, KOM etc, probably posted in the forum area. Nowhere nearly as extensive as Steephill, but it could become a goto reference for non road.cc people or casually interested people. (I'm thinking more road.cc webpage visits and so perhaps more advertising revenue).
Regards,

TERatcliffe26 replied to tony kappler | 10 years ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

Details of the Eneco seem non existant, even on their official website. Does anyone know where to find profiles?
Dave, you have mentioned "Primus" and "Bonificates" sprint points in your information on scoring; will the points competition at end of each stage be for POINTS points? (I ask this now cos of the Tour of Poland debate).
I know we all garner info from lots of sources (and maybe some would like to protect those sources), but I think it would be good to have a quick summary of the basics such as where to find profiles, jersey information, official race points for int sprints, finishes, KOM etc, probably posted in the forum area. Nowhere nearly as extensive as Steephill, but it could become a goto reference for non road.cc people or casually interested people. (I'm thinking more road.cc webpage visits and so perhaps more advertising revenue).
Regards,

Im doing the Eneco tour.

First point, profiles, you can see the route by viewing the map on the site, and for any mountains on the stage the percentages and lengths can be found on the details pdf, as well as where there is an uphill end to the stage a brief profile can be seen on some of the maps

Next point, the as there is no official KOM Jersey, the primus is effectively scored as that jersey, and the Points jersey (finish line points) will also be scored.

With this tour the info seems to be scarce (there are no pdf's of last years results to even look over), so I believe the Primus sprints + KOM (if they are scored in the race) come under the primus jersey and the finish line points and the bonificates sprints come under the points jersey, but again until after stage 1 I have no way of confirming this. There may even be a young riders jersey which is green.

Hope this helps, I tried to be as clear as I could in the scoring notes, without promising points that may not occur if they don't provide the information

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

eneco should be open this evening, fantasy fans

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Very true, hope you have a fab time mate and early congratulations.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

It could be worse, I go on honeymoon in two weeks and get back on the first day of the Vuelta, not sure the soon-to-be missus will be happy with me planning my team that week  39

johnny2names replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

It could be worse, I go on honeymoon in two weeks and get back on the first day of the Vuelta, not sure the soon-to-be missus will be happy with me planning my team that week  39

first of all, congratulations!
secondly, dont set any precedents, fantasy road cc is more important than her! she must know! once she takes no 1 spot, the rest of your life is gone for ever....  1

Latest Comments