Home

Selling my very little used 54cm Vapour Disc.
Excellent condition, according to Strava has done 500 miles
Comes with Avid BB7's (specced with BB5's)
Tyres are hardly worn

Based in Manchester
£850

17 comments

vw_mtbiker [31 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Bicycle will be fitted with original Genesis saddle, and not the Brooks saddle as pictured.

Any questions, please ask.

alexonabike [7 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Hi there,

I'm quite interested in this bike if its still for sale? Would you be willing to post, or box it up if I arrange a courier? I live in Northumberland and am not headed your way for a while unfortunately.

This is my first post here, but I frequent STW if you wish to check out my credentials!

0 likes

Hi there

Yes, I still have the bicycle.

A courier can be arranged no problem and I can get it boxed up in a bicycle box no problem at all should you wish. Or I can hold onto it if you know a date you are coming to Manchester or in the area of.

If you want more photos, just ask. I can arrange this no problem at all.

0 likes

Thanks for getting back to me.

Could I get a few more photos or an accurate description of any areas of wear or damage, just to get an accurate idea of condition. Also I notice your cranks are black where as the ones on the Genesis site are silver, could you tell me if they are the same model?

Are you at all flexible on price seeing as it is possible to get the Vapour new for only £50 more than your price (http://www.ukbikesdepot.com/m117b156s862p8068/GENESIS_Vapour_Disc_Cyclo_...)?

Thanks

0 likes

The cranks are silver, a sort of polished silver much like a Tiagra chainset. Nothing is different apart from it having BB7 brakes instead of BB5 and a SRAM chain instead of Shimano (personal preference as I seem to snap Shimano ones).

I will arrange for photos but won't be until Saturday.

I am a little flexible, but I see you can't get it in a 54cm and its sold out with Madison too in this size  3

0 likes

Haha, good point! But truth-be-told, I probably between sizes  3

Anyway, Saturday's fine for the pics. Thanks for the clarification on the cranks/brakes/chain.

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking, just to get an idea on sizing.

Thanks

0 likes

Just short of 5ft 11

I tried a 56 but felt for me it was too much of a stretch. I am however a mountain biker so used to shorter bikes!

0 likes

Thanks,

I look forward to the photos.

0 likes

Pictures as promised;

Markings on drop out from mudguards (I will include these as the stays are cut to fit - SKS full length ones worth £35)

BB shell with frame number

Markings on underside of rear drop out

Small amount of chain slap on chainstay from the ride I forgot to put the chainstay cover on!!!

Shifters - never placed upside down on concrete etc - no marks, no scuffs from crashes/rubbing against wall etc

Slight scuff in lacquer caused by the Mrs on top tube.

Only thing that will be different from the pictures is I'll be keeping the slick tyres and will be fitting the Continental Cyclocross tyres back on.

0 likes

Many thanks for the pics.

One more question! Could you measure the standover height at the centre of the top tube please? I have short legs for my height so need to check this!

0 likes

I measure it as 775mm. Taken centre of top tube as middle cable guide.

0 likes

Cheers, that's right on my maximum!

If you can courier it, I'll offer you £700 (my absolute max, sorry) paid by paypal (not gift). I'm weighing it up against the cost of a new bike on the c2w scheme.

Thanks.

0 likes

A courier could be arranged, though £700 is I believe too low an offer. Sorry

0 likes

Thats a shame, but thanks for your help.

Good luck with the sale. Is a great bike!

0 likes

Dropped to £775
New bike is here so needs to go

0 likes

Anyone?

0 likes

£750. Needs to go, off away from the 14th as getting married.