Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Grrrr pesky wheel, help with spacers

Hi

hope you guys/gals can help.

I've just bought some CERO AR30's wheels, i thought it would be a good idea to fit the cassette (12- 28) myself.

i've got a 105 group set (10 speed)

So i removed my cassette from my old wheel.

the Cero AR30's are 11sp compatible, so come they came with a spacer, I added the spacer then the cassette.

Then replaced the wheel, now the gears won't shift to the 28? is this normal? is this just a rear derailleur adjustment or have missed something?

thanks for your advice, hopefully i won't need to return to the bike shop with my tail between my legs!

mike

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

arrieredupeleton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Mike, I'm interested in those wheels. What do you think of them?

mikecoffee replied to arrieredupeleton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi

I've not had chance to go out but tonight i will go on my usual training route and will compare my ride to the other week, i know this difficult and not scientific but will give an indication.

also i have decked them out with schwalbe ultremo zx, rather than my usual Gatorskins......

But impressed so far, light and good looking.

Will update later after the ride

mikecoffee replied to arrieredupeleton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok so first ride on them tonight, take this with a pinch of salt but over a 6.1 mile climb I was 24.59 and with new wheels and new tyres I got 22.09, improved all my sections and I wasn't pushing that hard as it was 28c out tonight.

Really niceand stiff,spin up really fast and mamaintain speeds, my mate who was out who same weight ish when descending a same decline and not pedalling I was pulling away pretty fast he was pedalling to keep up on Mavic cxp 22.,

hotdiggitty | 10 years ago
0 likes

Easy fix this one. The spacer has shifted your cassette slightly further down the hub so you just need to set the limit screws to the new position.

Best done in a work stand from behind the bike. On your rear mech find the two screws set diagonally - they should be marked 'H' and 'L'

If I remember rightly, the L screw is on TNT bottom. Basically you need to turn that anti-clockwise until the guide pulley is in line with the largest sprocket (making sure you shift all the war down first)

http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/rear-derailler-adjustments-dera...

mikecoffee replied to hotdiggitty | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi

Thanks for advice, you where correct, but where i went wrong, is i panic turned the screws messed it up!

So went to my LBS who corrected my mistakes for free! apart from the cost to my dignity.

I think i need to find a derailleur course!

thanks

mike

Latest Comments