ToP fantasy scores stage 3

by Gkam84   July 28, 2013  

Yes....I know....You have a 0 beside your score....

This was my fault, I selected the wrong stage to update. This WILL change after stage 3 runs and I update the scores.

If you have a problem with this, I suggest, getting the largest pan you can find, fill it with water, bring to the boil and BOIL YOUR HEAD....thanks Devil

29 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

You have such a way with words...

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
28th July 2013 - 19:38

2 Likes

The way my teams are performing I think you have got it right already Crying

posted by Saint Mikie 41 [39 posts]
28th July 2013 - 19:51

1 Like

drheaton wrote:
You have such a way with words...

I do try and be nice most of the time, but lately, the only people that are using the forum regarding the game are not those enjoying it and joining the stage threads with it.

It is anyone and everyone that wants to moan about the game, its features, the racing, its scoring.....I could go on but I am bored stiff of it.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8943 posts]
28th July 2013 - 20:19

0 Likes

In fairness, one of the major reasons for having the forum is so that people who have questions or issues have somewhere to go. Everyone here at some point was new to the game and thanks to the huge growth in numbers over the last couple of years there are more new people than there are old regulars like us.

Likewise, with the growth in the game and the expansion to new races there will be things that need ironing out (short notice changes to the calendar and the way that minor races are score being the big two from this year) and here is the best place for people to express their views.

I do agree though that the old regulars do appear to have dispersed a little and there isn't as much banter as there was 12 months ago but to try and get that back I guess we need to bring the new people through and the key to that is making sure the forum is a pleasant and fun place to visit. Obviously we've had problems with some users but that shouldn't affect have we treat any other new person.

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
28th July 2013 - 21:08

0 Likes

Wise words, DrHeaton. I have been a member for just over 2 years (I think), and I am one of the silent majority who enjoy immensely the game.
I think it's the besst tenner's worth around. AND you can play for free, as I did whilst learning the ropes (looking at my scores you'd say I still have a ling way to go ).

Enjoy

posted by cisgil23 [49 posts]
29th July 2013 - 10:34

2 Likes

Also being relatively new to all this, I've been really impressed and felt really welcomed by the forum community as a whole. And without this community the game wouldn't be half as fun!

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [815 posts]
29th July 2013 - 10:55

2 Likes

I'm am glad that people who hardly post are commenting.

My "boil your head" comment is purely jest and aimed at alieving the issue before it even arises.

That's why I put the Devil after it aswell. I'm not great at expressing my words on the tinternet.

So all is good and the scores will return to normal tomorrow when the stage scoring goes in Nerd

I'm off for some Homer Simpson style training on the nuclear buttons that we have to avoid Big Grin

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8943 posts]
29th July 2013 - 11:23

2 Likes

Gkam, mate in all walks of life there will be peope who complain, moan and generally whinge on about everything. The game is brilliant imho, not perfect, but who is Wink

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2810 posts]
29th July 2013 - 11:27

4 Likes

Saint Mikie 41 wrote:
The way my teams are performing I think you have got it right already Crying

Similar here... I thought that was my actual score for yesterdays stage! Silly

Knew you'd soon sort it out Gkam so no worries Smile

posted by d_jp [108 posts]
29th July 2013 - 11:48

1 Like

right so who to pick for stage 3, i havent been able to keep up with first 2 days, so feel totally lost!
That and coming down from my high of winning the Clasica San Sebastian! Oooo Yea!!!

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [815 posts]
29th July 2013 - 11:49

1 Like

backflipbedlem, totally agree, i've been on nights so missed all coverage getting my beauty sleep. My team seems ok so just went with the flow and picked a couple of guys who are on form and will wait to see how it pans out.

Now we are on polish soil the local riders might want to put on a bit of a show for their country ?

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2810 posts]
29th July 2013 - 11:55

4 Likes

so had a little play around with the team, got rid of some of the big names, and now this is the first time I've only got one 3 point filla rider!

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [815 posts]
29th July 2013 - 12:07

2 Likes

looking at couple sprinters tomorrow but not many to choose from to be honest Thinking this tour can be very unpreditcable. Last year i fluked 1st on a sprint stage next day i flopped!
What with eneco and usa challenge coming plus Vuelta my fantasy season has taken a big nose dive Crying
Think i peaked too soon Sick

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1848 posts]
29th July 2013 - 14:58

1 Like

livestrongnick wrote:
looking at couple sprinters tomorrow but not many to choose from to be honest Thinking this tour can be very unpreditcable. Last year i fluked 1st on a sprint stage next day i flopped!
What with eneco and usa challenge coming plus Vuelta my fantasy season has taken a big nose dive Crying
Think i peaked too soon Sick

Well actually getting out on the bike and watching the tdf in France has seen me scoring less than an ugly guy in freshers week but hey I'm still enjoying and although gkam can be abrasive at times.I still enjoy the forum the game and the banter and will be paying for a second season next year

posted by chiv30 [876 posts]
29th July 2013 - 16:51

2 Likes

drheaton wrote:
In fairness, one of the major reasons for having the forum is so that people who have questions or issues have somewhere to go. Everyone here at some point was new to the game and thanks to the huge growth in numbers over the last couple of years there are more new people than there are old regulars like us.

Likewise, with the growth in the game and the expansion to new races there will be things that need ironing out (short notice changes to the calendar and the way that minor races are score being the big two from this year) and here is the best place for people to express their views.

I do agree though that the old regulars do appear to have dispersed a little and there isn't as much banter as there was 12 months ago but to try and get that back I guess we need to bring the new people through and the key to that is making sure the forum is a pleasant and fun place to visit. Obviously we've had problems with some users but that shouldn't affect have we treat any other new person.

This game is awesome guys! Been playing for 2 years and enjoy it immensely and I appreciate the work that must go into producing the game! If people don't like it tell them there are other fantasy games out there that are hellish to play! This one is so user friendly and we are all human and therefore prone to the odd mistake!!
Keep up the good work chaps!! Smile

The difference between me and lance Armstrong is that I still have a chance of winning the Tour de France Smile

Doaky's picture

posted by Doaky [57 posts]
29th July 2013 - 18:50

4 Likes

Shouldn't the number of transfers be at 6 for tomorrow?(for me as i haven't used any yet).

I'm still on 4.

posted by northstar [1107 posts]
29th July 2013 - 18:53

3 Likes

Rest days in the grand tours carry 4 transfers because they are after a week or more of racing. After two days in a small race of 7 stages, does not normally have a rest day, this has been put in this year to facilitate the transfer back to Poland.

There is no need for extra transfers to be given as the terrain is not going to change, like it does in grand tours, from mountains to flats after rest days.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8943 posts]
29th July 2013 - 19:05

2 Likes

Can someone help please. I transfered out Wiggins transferred in Henao ( could be spelt wrong ( both sky). Tonight when I clicked on my score the team still had Wiggins in, however, the team list had Henao in. I know the difference in score does not affect most of you but is important to me. Could someone please give me the email address to ask for the correction to my score as I do not which buttons to press or which links to write in to configure the email account.

Phew

Les Ed. Crying

Les Ed

posted by Les Ed [41 posts]
29th July 2013 - 19:56

1 Like

The score for stage 3 will have the wrong team. DONT worry about it, if you have heat in your team list, He'll be the one who gets scored for stage 3 tomorrow.

There was an error on my part, that scored everyone 0 for stage three, but everything will correct itself tomorrow

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8943 posts]
29th July 2013 - 20:13

2 Likes

Thank you. Big Grin

Les Ed

posted by Les Ed [41 posts]
29th July 2013 - 20:36

3 Likes

The game is fabulous, and I for one would like to express considerable gratitude to all the people that give time and effort to running it. Like the man said earlier, it is a tenner well spent.

drheaton, you are consistently courteous and well mannered, and always ready to give good advice to new players.

Gkam, however, if you are keen to take on the role of the grumpy one on this forum, can I point you in the direction of some of the other cycling fantasy forums for a few pointers? I'm afraid you still have a lot to learn about trolling, escalating to extreme abuse following minor provocation, having a completely one-eyed bias in favour of your favourite riders, and then assuming a false identity in order to continue posting because you have been banned by the moderators. Big Grin

Keep up the good work chaps, this is one cycling fan who feels at home in this game and on this forum.

posted by Rant [13 posts]
29th July 2013 - 21:16

2 Likes

Rant wrote:
Gkam, however, if you are keen to take on the role of the grumpy one on this forum, can I point you in the direction of some of the other cycling fantasy forums for a few pointers? I'm afraid you still have a lot to learn about trolling, escalating to extreme abuse following minor provocation, having a completely one-eyed bias in favour of your favourite riders, and then assuming a false identity in order to continue posting because you have been banned by the moderators. Big Grin

Keep up the good work chaps, this is one cycling fan who feels at home in this game and on this forum.

Trolling? Extreme abuse?? Care to give me examples....

I've also never been banned or had another identity on this forum....

I'm not even going to list the amount of things I've done on the game. If you are happy with it, that's fine with me.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8943 posts]
29th July 2013 - 21:31

2 Likes

no, you misunderstand. I'm suggesting that's what they do on other forums, and that I have NO examples of you doing any of those things!

posted by Rant [13 posts]
29th July 2013 - 23:24

3 Likes

Oh right, I have read it a few times, but still confused me. I'll take you word for it.

I have been a mod on many forum's, one for over 10 years and have seen many a troll come and go. Not to worry about it Wink

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8943 posts]
29th July 2013 - 23:33

2 Likes

Three cyclist's went for a meal.
When the waiter appeared with the bill, the first cyclist said "The meals on me lads, I’ll pay":
The headlines the following day read "cycling ventriloquist found dead in a ditch"

Sorry ~ but I just thought I'd give Gkam a titter rather than another knocker Big Grin

I'm always in two minds
Then I go and pick the wrong one Sad

posted by fluffchucker [284 posts]
29th July 2013 - 23:58

2 Likes

Maybe because its late and i'm off to sleep, but that one has me scratching me head.

So cyclists are solo people but can eat the same amount as three people? Thinking

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8943 posts]
30th July 2013 - 0:14

3 Likes

Gkam84 wrote:
Rest days in the grand tours carry 4 transfers because they are after a week or more of racing. After two days in a small race of 7 stages, does not normally have a rest day, this has been put in this year to facilitate the transfer back to Poland.

There is no need for extra transfers to be given as the terrain is not going to change, like it does in grand tours, from mountains to flats after rest days.

ok fairenough no extra transfers on week long tours, not a problem, rules are reules etc...
But your second paragraph, terrain not changing? really? I think i've just missread the next 2 stages Sad 6 transfers, all sprinters, 40 points penalty

#icouldreallyusethosetwofreetransfers

keep up the good work guys, I also really enjoy the game and appreciate the efforts made, and its great value for my tenner

johnny2names's picture

posted by johnny2names [199 posts]
30th July 2013 - 10:41

3 Likes

no sprinters for me! prob a bad move, oh well, love playing catch up!

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [815 posts]
30th July 2013 - 10:56

3 Likes

fluffchucker: "Three cyclist's went for a meal.
When the waiter appeared with the bill, the first cyclist said "The meals on me lads, I’ll pay":
The headlines the following day read "cycling ventriloquist found dead in a ditch""

This may be the first time I have ever asked this question, but: Can someone explain this joke please? It is a joke, right? Confused

1Wrangler

1wrangler's picture

posted by 1wrangler [27 posts]
30th July 2013 - 22:50

0 Likes