Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Poland Stage 1

Assuming the start lists are ok?  39

Vicenzo Nibali
Sergio Luis Henao
Rafal Majka
Leopold Konig
Jose Sarmiento Tunarrosa
Luis Leon Sanchez
Winner Anacona Gomez
Lukasz Wisniowski
Jaroslaw Marycz

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

29 comments

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pity you on this one Gkam.... organisation, information and coverage coming out of Poland is not good...  2

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I just noticed this

last update: 2013-07-28 15:23:04

WHY are they changing yesterday's stage today....idiots

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

NO, the points jersey is NOT scored.

Things seem to have changed overnight, CAS was listed as 3rd on GC because he got a time bonus somewhere yesterday....

I don't know whats going on, but I will have to go and rescore everyone. It will take some time

simon F replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

NO, the points jersey is NOT scored.

This still seems to be your arbitrary decision and NOT what was announced before the race.

Quote:

Scoring notes for this competition

Points jersey points based on the white jersey classification, not the red jersey (intermediate sprint points)

I still don't agree that this should have been changed without any prior warning.

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

Also, Majka should have 33 pts (or 36) - 3rd on stage, 3rd on GC (and 3rd on points - if not intermediate sprints)

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

Does that mean you've still given the points jersey to the intermediate spints? Otherwise I would expect eg Ulissi to have 50, not 45. I still can't see where CAS got his 31 pts (even if he's scored KoM pts for the summit finish)

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok, points are being sorted out.

You were correct, the ToP was wrong when I did the points yesterday, they had Pinotti in 5th

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

How did CAS get 31 points? I realise I've probably missed something but I can't see that many.

tony kappler | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gkam84,
What I meant for Van Der Sande was that he got 1 point for 5th in points comp plus 4 for coming second in the first int sprint, making a total of 5. (You have given him 4 in the points scored page.)
Regards,

0 likes

Well fingers crossed that the Eurosport coverage gets better... That today was dreadful....but not as bad as the San Sebastien coverage... Beginning to lose faith in Eurosport big time...  2

0 likes

Have to agree with Tony Kappler.. The rules say points competition not intermediate sprint points competition. you cannot go changing the rules without giving people notification...

And just for the record, it does not affect me...

simon F replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Have to agree with Tony Kappler.. The rules say points competition not intermediate sprint points competition. you cannot go changing the rules without giving people notification...

I agree with this too. I don't really care which jersey is scored but it should be the one stated in the rules, not one arbitrarily chosen after the race has finished.

For the record, it does affect me but I don't know if it would move me up or down the table.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bar the GC, which is scored for the first 10 riders (10-1) any other category is scored for the first 5 riders (5-1), so sitting 5th only gives you 1 point

tony kappler | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gkam84,
I agree that using the Int Sprints Points classification is a better way, however I always have a problem guessing which will be used.
In the information on scoring, under the heading "Points competition (Tour)" it says "overall standing in POINTS (not intermediate sprint points) competition". Therefore a player with riders in the top 5 finishers in stage 1, could feel aggrieved.
Shouldn't Vande Der Sande have 5 points, sitting 5th in the abovementioned points comp.
Regards,
Tony Kappler

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

You are mistaken, but don't worry about it.

There are two classifications, Sprints and Points. These are separate.

I have awarded the points for the sprints overall, because the points is purely for the first guys home over the line and nothing else.

These guys already get alot of points from the finish line category.

pclark007 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I believe points classification (Tour) points need to be awarded yet for stage 1, and are currently missing. So, for example, I had Ulissi (first) and Majka (third). Neither of them was awarded points for their overall point classification. I should get an additional 5 for Ulissi and 3 for Majka, as should others who have riders in the top 5 overall points classification for the tour.

Please advise if I am mistaken!

Many thanks,

pclark007

JAndrewHill replied to pclark007 | 10 years ago
0 likes
pclark007 wrote:

I believe points classification (Tour) points need to be awarded yet for stage 1, and are currently missing. So, for example, I had Ulissi (first) and Majka (third). Neither of them was awarded points for their overall point classification. I should get an additional 5 for Ulissi and 3 for Majka, as should others who have riders in the top 5 overall points classification for the tour.

Please advise if I am mistaken!

Many thanks,

pclark007

I suggest the rules need reworking, if you are going to use the sprints comp for scoring rather than the points comp. And its too late now for the tdp, so we should be usong the points points... after all theres more than just fun involved...folk paid for this.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nope, because it would have to be treated as a combat award....only top man  19

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm just sorry we don't have scoring for the "ATTRACTIVITY CONTEST CLASSIFICATION" in the game, I would have scored even more today....For Bartosz Huzarski of course  3

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I'm just sorry we don't have scoring for the "ATTRACTIVITY CONTEST CLASSIFICATION" in the game, I would have scored even more today....For Bartosz Huzarski of course  3

I saw that too, CAS would have score me more too

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,6,7,14 - makes up for losing the toss between JRod and Gallopin in the CSS.

Ghedebrav replied to simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

Blimey  13

I only got 2 & 3 (though can't find top twenty anywhere and have no idea who got intermediate/mountain points or whatever).

TERatcliffe26 replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Blimey  13

I only got 2 & 3 (though can't find top twenty anywhere and have no idea who got intermediate/mountain points or whatever).

All the results etc are on the official website

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cant see any pts for me today

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

at least I had something like 13,14 and 17 for both teams, and CAS is 2nd on GC, The big guns let me down, Scarponi and Nibali, gonna have to make changes for tomorrow

Ghedebrav replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

at least I had something like 13,14 and 17 for both teams, and CAS is 2nd on GC, The big guns let me down, Scarponi and Nibali, gonna have to make changes for tomorrow

Can Scarponi still really be considered a big gun? A medium gun, maybe (some kind of semi-automatic assault rifle).

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Points will be done soon  26  26

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nightmare result for me, noone in the top 10 for either team

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Didn't know what to do so went all climby...

Nibali
Henao
Majka
Pozzovivo
J Izagirre (was looking better towards the end of the TdF)
Kruiswijk
Szmyd
Rebellin
Matysiak

Did have 5 Poles originally but changed it to fit in Iza.

Purist is Henao, Kangert, Kiserlovski(?), Pozzovivo, Marczynski, Swift, Golas, Kruiswijk, LLSanchez

Latest Comments