Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

European Cycling Holiday

Hi,

I'm looking to organise a holiday in Europe for my wife & I in september.

We want to be somewhere warm (thinking spain or portugal) but will need to be able rent some road bikes of a decent standard.

Can anyone recommend locations with good moderate terrain (ie we're not looking to go climbing the Alps or Pyranees at this stage) and good places to rent road bikes from that provide both mens and womens bikes?

It might be a big ask, but any useful advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

psorocharider | 8 years ago
0 likes

Live Love Ride offers cycling rental and bike tours in Portugal - give them a go next time you visit Portugal! Check their website at http://portugalbiketours.com 

trustindust | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Arfa, pirnie & Tjuice, really helpful stuff.

pirnie | 10 years ago
0 likes

Following on from what Tjuice said, the area around Moraira is great for cycling. My club has been on trips near to there for the past 3 years. Staying a bit further north from there with Citrus Cycling near to Ondara.

The riding around there is absolutely brilliant. Lots of long, steady climbs, some sharper ones if you want too and brilliant descending. Plenty of less hilly riding about too if the climbs aren't your thing.

arfa | 10 years ago
0 likes

I went to la manga with www.lamangacycling.co.uk and enjoyed it alot over a long weekend. Steve is the man behind it and the cycling is also reviewed in the travel section of this web site

Tjuice | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm going to Moraira in Spain in August. There seem to be two places nearby that hire very good road bikes.

I do not know first hand what the cycling terrain is like nearby, but I've read a couple of promising comments on the web. Mine's a family holiday, so getting a bit of cycling done will be a bonus, rather than a focus.

Psycling | 10 years ago
0 likes

Club la Santa in Lanzarote is excellent and has good bike hire. Can also recommend Majorca. I stayed at Alcudia and hired a Scott carbon road bike from my hotel. I think it was a Viva hotel and was the sister hotel to the one team sky use just round the corner. Cycling in both venues is brilliant. Lanzarote pretty quiet roads but always a wind to contend with. Majorca has some excellent climbing or you can go in land on some flatter roads. Majorca is teaming with cyclists and the traffic generally respects you and gives you plenty if room.
Hope that helps.

trustindust replied to Psycling | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Psycling, I'll check those places out

Latest Comments