Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Clasica San Sebastian

Now that this competition is open, I thought I'd get the thread up nice and early, especially for us standard players who don't have the Tour of Poland (with added Italian bits) for our post-TdF fantasy cycling fix.

I've gone for a preliminary team of 9 Spaniards.

Has anyone got a link to show the 2013 route?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

40 comments

livestrongnick replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

This guy is in twice

J. Herrada Lopez AR MOV 15.5
J. Herrada Lopez AR MOV 16.2  39

Sorry my mistake Jose and Jesus  40

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Choo-Choo?

keith roberts | 10 years ago
0 likes

no idea yet...lots of form from some, lots of rested legs from others...tough to choose! I feel gerrans could do well and either valverde gets pulled up the hills by Quintana (or other way round ) movistar look strong to me...just don't know yet  39

frankiejay | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just gonna post my team  1

Went very balanced, because I could see the Valverde types winning this but I also think there's a good chance this is too early post-tour.

So...

Gerrans
Slagter
Caruso
Sanchez
van Avermaet
Nocentini
Poels
Zubeldia
Serry

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think the winner will be Italian....  1

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

what ya reckon to Kwiatkowski? he seemed pretty tired towards the end of the tour. But he is a favorite of mine, so feel bad not putting my faith in him!

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've tried to avoid the main protagonists from the tour as they might just fancy an easy day whereas some of the fresher boys might push it along a bit.

There's no doubting Valverde, Quintana, J-Rod and Porte will have come out of the tour with some fab form but is it just a bit to early for them to really push it again ?

My money is on a certain Spaniard who cycled for Euskaltel.

Ghedebrav replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

I've tried to avoid the main protagonists from the tour as they might just fancy an easy day whereas some of the fresher boys might push it along a bit.

There's no doubting Valverde, Quintana, J-Rod and Porte will have come out of the tour with some fab form but is it just a bit to early for them to really push it again ?

My money is on a certain Spaniard who cycled for Euskaltel.

I think you've got your money in a dgood place... didn't want to put his name about though  26

I generally agree with your post-Tour reasoning, but Valverde could be an exception as despite riding well his final place on GC will have been disappointing for him. This could be his last chance this year to win a WT-level race, he's clearly ridden into fantastic form and wants at the very least the World Tour points (after losing so much time - and team leader status - at the Tour he had no need to ride so aggresively into the top 10). I think there's more to it than just wanting to bounce back.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

My team is also Spaniard-heavy - just one random Portugee in there at the moment.

I feel quite strongly that Valverde will win this race.

Pages

Latest Comments