Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 21 under the lights

Final teams then for le tour?!

Cav to make it 5 wins in a row, or one of the Germans to win?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

68 comments

davemchol replied to davemchol | 10 years ago
0 likes

Intermediate sprint

1.Flecha
2.Millar
3.el Fares
4.Cam Meyer
5. Morabito
6. Cousin
7. Gesink
8. Evans
9. Thomas
10. Stannard
11. Pineau
12. Velits
13. Lopez Garcia
14. Chavenel
15. Martin

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well thats 13 points for El Fares, that could scupper any teams that have gone for the stage win and have taken him out

Ghedebrav replied to davemchol | 10 years ago
0 likes
davemchol wrote:

Intermediate sprint

3.el Fares

0 likes

Westra has abandoned

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Well thats 13 points for El Fares, that could scupper any teams that have gone for the stage win and have taken him out

I can't imagine anyone took him out... rcorbin, did you?  39

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

I don't think he was ever in my team to begin with....

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

My budget picks didn't pay off, had Lemoine and Lobato but considered Reza and Gene. Also dropped Fischer last night to get Lemoine in, that backfired  20

Anyway, nice to see a proper sprint finish in Paris for once rather than a one man show.

0 likes

I will take that, 1,2,3,6,10 + El Fares sprint points + Quintana

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

1, 2, 3, 6, 10, 19

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,4,10. El Fares points and +5 for Timmer  4 Only 155 though, I think I might be up there though

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,6,10,15,19 with Rojas getting 3 for mountains and a +5 for Timmer.

Hopefully I've retained 2nd overall but not having El Fares my scupper me  2

Can't stand this wait  2

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Scores are done. Have been for 10 minutes  3

Stumps replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Scores are done. Have been for 10 minutes  3

Not according to my computer, it says "we are currently updating the game, please check back later".

However i'm in the north east so it may take some time to get to me from down south  40

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh right, I'm in the North East aswell, maybe I can see them because its me who's doing them.

rcorbin, you held onto second. The guy who was third dropped down and lost out on a prize  31

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

still updating here!  20  20  20

hoping you haven't thrown a curve ball Gkam haha

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I could see them too, wonder if its because I was already logged in?

Relatively happy on my purist team, 22nd overall, just couldn't pick up enough points in the last week but managed to squeeze home in the purist forum scorum by 11 points so pretty happy  1 purist is the one that matters right?

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

I did absolutely crap ! no other way of putting it  20

drheaton replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

still updating here!  20  20  20

hoping you haven't thrown a curve ball Gkam haha

Don't worry, Gkam isn't lying, you finished second overall by a good 20 points on third but 78 points behind 1st.

thereallyfatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think I beat TFC

thereallyfatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nothing for me then hey hey, think I was about 5000th, coming back from injury  4

See you all next year, enjoy the rest of the races.

Cheers
TFC

Yes she beat me.  22 but I was purist, and she's not logged out so I have posted on her log in.

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Woo hooo  1  16

Still can't believe I did so well if I'm being honest, got ahead with Gerrans at the start of the tour and never looked back!

I must admit, being so high made watching the last stage horrible! It was like watching my football team play!

I think the guys who are involved in scores (Gkam, the Doctor and Ter) have admin rights? If so, you guys can see scores before everyone else can.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Don't think admin rights have anything to do with it. Its a different system/login  1

Congrats, I remember the last stage of the Vuelta last hear when I had a chance to win the purist comp, was between two of us and I ended up finishing second  20 was awful waiting for the scores to come in.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Can of worms possibly being opened here!
I see Riblon got combative points but i thought the fantasy points are for stage combative not overall combative?  39

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well 645 overall, pretty pleased! Glad Fischer finally done something, was holding out for Bono to get some sneaky points, but oh well.
Well played rcorbin! Nice achievement!
Was an awesome tour! !!!!!

0 likes

Well finished 8th on the stage and ended up 13th overall, 2nd in the forum, not bad. What would have happened had I not gambled on stage 16? Top 10 at least, but nevermind

Ended up 2nd in the forum RCUK game, Alan held me off by 40 points, 59th overall

Gkam84 replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

I see Riblon got combative points but i thought the fantasy points are for stage combative not overall combative?  39

There is no combative on the final stage, so I gave him the points as he deserved them, getting the most combative over the whole tour.  3

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, came in at a nice, round 350th in the end. If I hadn't fatefully dropped Rolland on stage 19, I'd probably have been around 100 spots higher.

Still, can't be too disappointed, must still be top 10% at least.

Shame for Cav not to win in Paris, just ended up in the wrong position. Was still sprinting fastest. Fair dos to Kittel, though - what a tour he's had.

ray silvester replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:

There is no combative on the final stage, so I gave him the points as he deserved them, getting the most combative over the whole tour.  3

Really?

Surely Millar deserved them on this stage?

While I support the points awarded for most combative within the game are we really just going to judge it ourselves if none are awarded?

Surely if none is awarded in the stage then neither should the game.....otherwise let's have some for Millar as he 'deserved' mountain points for the slight incline at the end of each lap and so on...

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

77th for me, my first top 100 in a Grand Tour and about 800 places higher than I was in the Dauphine! Choosing Greipel over Cav for those 2 stages after the TT was probably what lost me the most, apart from that I seemed to call most stages OK.

Purists held on to 6th overall which I still can't quite believe. Most of the top teams would have had Froome, Quintana, Kittel and Cav/Sagan/Greipel, and I had 3 of those. I guess Riblon would've turned out to be the best sub-10-credit pick.

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've really enjoyed this tour, and I'm chuffed to bits with 10th place overall! happy with that in my first year in the game. Sorry I havent joined up much in the forum, work/family has kept me busy, but ive enjoyed reading the threads as always.
I look forward to a much needed rest this week, and then onwards and upwards  1

whats the relevation of this tour de france then, what's the consensus? apart from obviously quintana starring as best 'pure' climber, and kittel's raw sprinting power to outdo the cav fair and square.

Pages

Latest Comments