Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Thinking of hiring a bike while on holiday

As the title suggests I am thinking of hiring a bike while on holiday in Majorca (Palma-Nova) but will have time just for the one day  20 and was wondered if I need to take much of my kit with me.

Obviously I will take shorts, jersey, socks and shoes (inc cleats) but I also wondered about helmet, water bottle and I guess tyre levers etc too.

Just thought other items may be provided but possibly at a cost.

What have you guys been provided when on hols? Interested to know if you have been provided routes to do and GPX files.

I have tried emailing the bike shop but have had no reply and I am trying to reduce my baggage down as much as possible.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

pirnie | 10 years ago
0 likes

Whenever I travel with my bike pedals, shoes, helmet and saddle all go in hand luggage, just in case my bike doesn't make it for whatever reason and I need to hire one. Pedals can get some strange looks at security but they always seem to be okay.

If you do take water bottles you can use them to put stuff in, if you do that they take up remarkably little space.

Marauder replied to pirnie | 10 years ago
0 likes
pirnie wrote:

If you do take water bottles you can use them to put stuff in, if you do that they take up remarkably little space.

Never thought of that, thanks.

Marauder | 10 years ago
0 likes

Was thinking about my pedals but not so sure if they will be needed.

I have never had issues with my bike set up in the past and TBH all I have ever done is put the seat at the correct height.

I might consider it if our luggage is fairly light and put in the suitcase as I think there might be some strange looks going through security with pedals  39

amawby | 10 years ago
0 likes

take your pedals too! measure your geometry and take a tape measure to get the hire bike set up right.

Latest Comments