A little help required from any Edge 810 owners would be much appreciated.
My edge 810 is a little temperamental to say the least, having used it mainly to follow courses I have noticed the following:
- Even on open roads it sometimes thinks its quite a way from the road so comes up 'off course'. I have the map upgrade card if this makes any difference.
- About half the time it tries to route the wrong way round roundabouts, and when you go the right way it again comes up 'off course'.
- If it comes up 'off course' and you continue to ride for too long it sometimes switches itself off and stops recording.
- On two occasions it has frozen, and I had to switch it off and switch on again, it continues to show the course but wont give directions.
- It seems to take an age to re-route when neccesary, sometimes up to about 5 minutes when its impossible to follow the course (it tried to take me yesterday through a private gated estate).
- It doesnt always provide directions at points where you would expect it to.
I know its only as good as the GPS signal but is this normal or is it me expecting too much from it?...
Or am I just using it wrong?.