Sold: Boardman Comp SC (Large: 56cm)

by BetterNever   July 14, 2013  

For sale is my large Boardman Comp SC, Boardman’s discontinued single-speed road bike.

Full gallery of images here: http://imgur.com/a/qn9FL#0

I’ve owned this bike since new (2010) and given it a decent amount of use. There are cosmetic signs of wear, with some chips, scratching and rubbing of the paintwork, along with the issues noted separately below, but otherwise the bike is in great condition.

I’ve recently given it a good overhaul, servicing the brakes and bottom bracket, fitting a new chain, freewheel, hub cartridge bearings and brake pads. The front wheel was trued earlier this year. Overall it's a very light, responsive, low-maintenance road bike.

Full specs:

Frame: Lightweight, Fully Double Butted Aluminium (size large)
Fork: Carbon Fibre With Alloy Steerer
Chainset: Truvativ Elita GXP (48t)
Brakes: Tektro R730 Dual Pivot
Rims: Mavic Open Sport
Hubs: Formula track hubs (flip-flop rear hub with 18t freewheel or fixed sprocket)
Finishing Kit: Ritchey

Note: while the frame has a complete set of mudguard eyelets, the eyelet on the chainstay bridge is unusable, due to a bolt having seized and sheered off. If you want to use a full-length rear mudguard you’ll need something an SKS Race Blade or Crud RoadRacer, or fashion a fitting for the chainstay bridge, though the new chain means clearance is very tight.

Also note: the thread on the left-hand crank is partially stripped. This happened when the bike was a few months old but hasn’t caused any problems since. The left-hand pedal screws in sufficiently and has remained secure with no creaking ever since.

I'm looking for £250 delivered, but will consider offers. Payment by bank transfer or PayPal gift preferred. Bike can be collected, but would need to be from Penrith in Cumbria.

If you're interested, please email me at robin@robash.me.uk