Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Team Sky - Truth or Lie?

http://youtu.be/CVROhTHxWP8

Watch the whole video of an interview with Sky's performance guru, or forward to just before the 5.00 minutes where his body language and speech patterns suddenly change (in response to a certain question!).

For all the Sky fanboys out there, forget he's Sky, and forget they are the 'best of British' - what is your over-riding feeling from 5.00 onwards?

Truth or Lie?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

daddyELVIS | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok, I give up. Agree with Kimmage - Froome is the best rider ever. That's the only explanation, right?

Hector Ch | 10 years ago
0 likes

To me, in the video, the guy is "dancing" the whole time, licking his lips, pausing mid-sentence etc. The questions leading up to 5:00 are things he's familiar with.

At 5:05, when the doping question is asked, he does take a swallow and pauses, stutters a bit trying to find what to say. Looks more like someone whose mind went blank when asked "the big question".

Notice the interviewer asked a trick question.. He didn't ask about Sky and doping, rather cycling and doping...

To me it looks like he's just nervous as hell about being interviewed and then someone asks the "tough question" and the mind goes blank.. I've had this before personally.

notfastenough | 10 years ago
0 likes

No, no he isn't the best rider ever. He (and especially the team) had good days and bad days, but he was smart enough to peak for the start, so he had his good days while the others were still riding themselves into form. By the time they had that form, he'd sewn it up.

Don't know why I'm even bothering responding, I don't think you're willing to listen to anything that you disagree with.

mooleur replied to Some Fella | 10 years ago
0 likes
Some Fella wrote:
daddyELVIS wrote:

And my opinion is that Froome's performances cannot be fully explained by marginal gains.

Yes - you are correct - Froome's performances cannot be fully explained by marginal gains.
But they can be explained by natural raw talent, hard graft, excellent training methods, a formidable and proven team behind him, the shortcomings of his rivals now they have been forced to race clean, the shortcomings of teams who are perhaps a year or more behind Sky in regards their methods and tactics *and* marginal gains.

No disrespect but if you are looking for dopers you are pissing up the wrong tree.

^^^ +1 - well said that.

I'm not a huge fan of Team Sky (bar the fact that we've a Manxie and some honorary Manxies in there) - but it's quite obvious they have a brilliant knack for selecting raw talent and mixing that with some of the best coaching methods in the world.

Raaaaggghhhh at the sceptics! >.<

Being better than people who dope only means you're better than people who suck, it doesn't necessarily mean you're cheating too.

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Interesting article in this month's Cyclist on the subject of Team Sky.

Also comments on the Cycle Show on Monday night.

Pages

Latest Comments