Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France Stage 15 - MONT VENTOUX-

Well after a lot of indecision and several attempts, I have finally settled on my line up for the battle up Mont Ventoux.
I have taken a 10 point penalty but realistically got 8 riders who can score...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

105 comments

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hivert was last home, 17 mins after Lobato

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

Anyone know Froome's climb time and where it ranks among previous Ventoux ascents?

Pretty good day for me with 1,3,8,10 but feeling a bit stupid for not shoehorning Quintana into my squad.

Alan Tullett replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:

Bet Quintana's killing himself for soft-pedalling the ITT (under team orders of course!).

Why do you get the impression he soft-pedalled? Being the No. 2 man on the team, back then, I don't think they would have asked him to do that  39

I think they didn't want a Froome/Wiggins kind of debate. But a minute behind Serpa after what he's shown today. I don't think that's lack of talent or energy. It backfired though but he could still get second and the white jersey and I think we'll see a different IT performance on Wed. (PS I had in my team that day, that's why I'm sore about it. Of course I can't prove I'm right.)

dave atkinson replied to chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes
chokofingrz wrote:

Anyone know Froome's climb time and where it ranks among previous Ventoux ascents?

it was fast, but not super-fast, judging by what people are saying on twitter. 49 mins or so

Alan Tullett replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
chokofingrz wrote:

it was fast, but not super-fast, judging by what people are saying on twitter. 49 mins or so

55 is the record, they said on Eurosport on an IT stage in the CdD.

Alan Tullett replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

Hivert was last home, 17 mins after Lobato

You're right. But will he have made the time cut? That'd be 10 for my 3 Frenchmen, which is probably more than for Pinot.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Couldn't make my mind up between Ten Dam / Krueziger and Martin / Navarro. Plumped for Martin / Navarro - how wrong can you get  2

Never mind the main man won  4

enrique replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

Christopher Froome (SKY)
Alberto Contador (SAX)
Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (MOV)
Roman Kreuziger (SAX)
John Gadret (ALM)
Murilo Antonio Fischer (FDJ)
Christophe Le Mevel (COF)
William Bonnet (FDJ)

... I think I can pretty much stick with the core of my team now for the rest of the week... I should have at least 6 by Sunday to get the sprinters back in...

Really nice strategy and it just might work! Saw you came up one spot today and that the 5 users above you are all Standard! You might just pull it off! Wow!  39

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

The fact Thursday-Saturday will involve similar riders will help as I can bank transfers.

I've still got 110 points to make up which may seem a lot, but there are lots of fantasy points up for grabs. I can afford to gamble with KOM points whereas the leaders may play safe?

We'll know after Friday I think who will win the overall

enrique replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

... there are lots of fantasy points up for grabs.... KOM points...

I hadn't thought about that. Hmmm... there are KM points on offer for Wednesday's time trial, right? And Voeckler will try his hand, and odds are Rolland will take a shot at reclaiming the polka dot jersey!  1 Yep, there's a still alot to play for!  1

andynic replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

You're Sean Kelly's Rear Wheel? Stage 1 didn't work out as a bonus stage, did it? That messed up a lot of teams. We've got 4 the same. Chavanal might work out for you today. I need Alpe d'Huez to go to form to stand a chance of winning.

I had problems with the transfers last night as well at first. After 11:01 they didn't appear. I was getting worried I can tell you. Eventually logged out and then back in again and they appeared. Phew!!

Yep - Stage 1 was a disaster. I made 4 transfers yesterday but got deducted 6 - think because I changed two halfway through, though I didn't save so should have only been 4 - we'll see.

Good luck with Alpe d'Huez - you must have a chance.

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive gone this

Froome
Mollema
Quintana
Fuglsang (as much with tuesday in mind)
Ten Dam
Hoogerland
Fischer
Mederal

Will use all 4 transfers we get for tuesday as I think the top 5 will contain riders similar to a previous stage so will take a risk on that  39 It may leave me a tad vulnerable for the ITT, but I think its a difficult one to predict.

As for rcuk, I was gonna bring in froome today, but didn't wanna have to take him out again for Sagan on tuesday, so he will come in for Wednesday and then my team is set until the end, with 3 transfers for the last stage

Thinking of the stage Sagan won no doubt?

Nope actually he came 2nd

dave atkinson replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:
chokofingrz wrote:

55 is the record, they said on Eurosport on an IT stage in the CdD.

sub-46 is the record, Iban Mayo. Pantani did it in 46 which is the fastest non-TT time i think

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

oh hang on, that 49' time is just for the last 15km, my bad.

Bagpuss replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

Larens ten Dam is posting his rides on Strava, assuming they started at the same time and taking the most suitable from the number of segments for the climb for then:

LtD rode the "Mont Ventoux de Bedoin - TDF Arrive" segment in one hour and 43 seconds.

Froome's advantage over LtD at the finish was 1 minute 53 seconds

Froome therefore rode the climb in 58 minutes and 50 seconds. Approximately.

LtD is currently KoM, until Sky release Froome's data  3

Pages

Latest Comments