Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France Stage 15 - MONT VENTOUX-

Well after a lot of indecision and several attempts, I have finally settled on my line up for the battle up Mont Ventoux.
I have taken a 10 point penalty but realistically got 8 riders who can score...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

105 comments

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rolland sat up so the 10 have 6.30 on the pack.

Sagan for the stage win?! Nah just kidding, probably want to wrap up the green jersey today? Assuming Cav does nothing Tuesday, he'll wrap it up today?

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rolland and Burghart sat up now. Hope Rolland has got something for later. Otherwise I would have been better off with Mollema.

But to be honest a GC day is better for my Cycling News team and my purist, so I've covered my bets.

0 likes

Very fast stage, 49.3 and 50.4 so far. Must be that tailwind! Don't you love a tailwind. Went from Cambridge to Fareham (parents - near Portsmouth) and back again recently and had a tailwind both times. Very glad of it as well. F*** rule 5!!

Alan Tullett replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

Rolland sat up so the 10 have 6.30 on the pack.

Sagan for the stage win?! Nah just kidding, probably want to wrap up the green jersey today? Assuming Cav does nothing Tuesday, he'll wrap it up today?

Just going for the IM points I expect but will he do something Tues now? He might want another stage win and that is his last realistic chance.

0 likes

Peloton 5 mins back from 6. The break might not make it to the IM now. Hope El Fares gets some mountain points. Would make up for Rolland's failure.

0 likes

Gap coming down fast. Reckon Europcar want to catch the break before the summit of the cat 3 so Rolland can get some points. Could be no IM points for the break today. But after the cat 3 there will be other breaks methinks.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Europcar on the front and hammering it. Looks like Voeckler is going to go for it today.

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

el fares has been dropped

ray silvester replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive gone this

Froome
Mollema
Quintana
Fuglsang (as much with tuesday in mind)
Ten Dam
Hoogerland
Fischer
Mederal

Will use all 4 transfers we get for tuesday as I think the top 5 will contain riders similar to a previous stage so will take a risk on that  39 It may leave me a tad vulnerable for the ITT, but I think its a difficult one to predict.

As for rcuk, I was gonna bring in froome today, but didn't wanna have to take him out again for Sagan on tuesday, so he will come in for Wednesday and then my team is set until the end, with 3 transfers for the last stage

Thinking of the stage Sagan won no doubt?

Timbo13 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just catching up with the stage so far. I went with:

Mollema
Kwiatowski
Quintana
Fulsgang
Ten Dam
Nieve
Schleck
Mederel
Fischer

Hoping Nieve and Quintana get away

0 likes

Peloton 3 mins back but might not catch them before the summit but Europcar definitely want to do something today. Wish Eurosport would show some live stuff a bit quicker.

0 likes

Someone in the break will get a few points but not El Fares after all. At least he got 1 cat 4. It's better than 0.

0 likes

Live action!! Not a bloody football commentator!! With bad puns!

ray silvester replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Someone in the break will get a few points but not El Fares after all. At least he got 1 cat 4. It's better than 0.

3 fantsy pts.....more than Fischer's got all bleedin' tour!!

0 likes

Cut the chat! I want men in funny clothes! They're trying to turn this into a footie program.

0 likes

Now the commentator tells us El Fares is in the break. God! Anyone of us could do a better job!!

ray silvester replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Now the commentator tells us El Fares is in the break. God! Anyone of us could do a better job!!

even enrique?

0 likes

Yes!! Even enrique!! Mind you he'd probably tell us what happened two years ago!

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Only the events that suited him though....  3

0 likes

Looks like Sagan will get his points. Pity El Fares couldn't stick in there.

enrique replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Yes!! Even enrique!! Mind you he'd probably tell us what happened two years ago!

ray silvester wrote:

Can't help but live up to the expectations...

On this day in the forum in 2011, Dave was busy answering my favorite type of question in a very straightforward way  3

Gkam84 wrote:

So dave, how many Bozic fans today then?...

Dave Atkinson wrote:

60 Bozic fanciers today  1

Sammy Sanchez won on Luz Ardiden, Voeckler was in yellow, Hoogerland lost his polka dot jersey to Sammy Sanchez, Gesink cracked, and Contador lost some time  3

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

G, Stannard, Siutsou and Lopez dropped. Froome still has Kennaugh and Porte with him but Movistar on the front through Costa.

Let them take the strain i say and keep the other 2 Sky lads as reserve.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Costa gone, he didn't last long !

Schleck out the back also.

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
live.cyclingnews.com wrote:

... Andy Schleck has cracked and been dropped...

Crap!  20

Alan Tullett replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:

ray silvester wrote:

Can't help but live up to the expectations...

On this day in the forum in 2011, Dave was busy answering my favorite type of question in a very straightforward way  3

Gkam84 wrote:

So dave, how many Bozic fans today then?...

Dave Atkinson wrote:

60 Bozic fanciers today  1

Sammy Sanchez won on Luz Ardiden, Voeckler was in yellow, Hoogerland lost his polka dot jersey to Sammy Sanchez, Gesink cracked, and Contador lost some time  3

Pity Sammy isn't here today. Hope Contador doesn't do well. He's the main rider I haven't got in any of my myriad teams.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

OPQS leading with Velits and Kwia, lets see how long they last. Only 12k of climbing to go  20

0 likes

Nieve and Quintana going up the road. This is going to be very open.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Anyone who has Roche better look away now.....he's gone out the back

0 likes

Voeckler Schleck Gadret Anton Van Garderen out the back

Hoping for something from Anton.

But Nieve doing well!

0 likes

Quintana and Nieve don't have much of a gap. At least Nieve is hanging on the wheel. Once the GC battle kicks off don't think they'll hang on unfortunately, though I'd love it if they do!

Pages

Latest Comments