Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France Stage 15 - MONT VENTOUX-

Well after a lot of indecision and several attempts, I have finally settled on my line up for the battle up Mont Ventoux.
I have taken a 10 point penalty but realistically got 8 riders who can score...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

105 comments

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

won't reveal who I've put in until the deadline as I want that bike haha

but I've got 1 GC, 3 KM and 5 DS

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

In 2009 Panzerwagon was 2nd on this stage  13

ray silvester replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

In 2009 Panzerwagon was 2nd on this stage  13

And the guys that finished 3rd,4th and 6th are also riding today!!

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Reckon Quintana for Ventoux. Have Froome for insurance, and Rolland & Bardet as romantic, patriotic outsiders.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

If Froome wins tomorrow and as expected Rolland gets dropped early how many points will he be behind (or in front) of Rolland will he be ? According to Sky website he is 13 points behind Rolland but i dont think thats upto date.

If he pulls ahead then Rolland is a good call for next week.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well I have 3 of those in my team and 2 others that could score. Not chasing the break as it doesn't work for me, but will have Rolland next week at some point

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Well I have 3 of those in my team and 2 others that could score. Not chasing the break as it doesn't work for me, but will have Rolland next week at some point

Alpe d'Huez? Lot of mountain points on offer that day. Put him in today as it may be in the back of his mind if he's feeling good and the the GC boys won't care about him. Risky compared to Mollema, whom I'm sure you've got, but I might as well take risks now as nothing to play for except stage wins.

Our purist teams are very similar and I reckon we'll be fighting for purist honours in the forum after a few more days in the hills. We've got the same big three: Froome, Quintana, Sagan but I've got Porte (hoping for lots of GC points which haven't materialised) and you've got Gadret, Navarro and Hivert and Hoogerland where I've got Le Mevel, although nether of those look like scoring much. Got a 109 point lead though! Hope Porte's got something left for the mountains.

Made a little mistake in the roaduk game, where I'm only interested in the forum, as I forgot you can only transfer 3 riders at a time, so I've only got 4 climbers today when I meant to have 6: Froome, Mollema, Quintana and Ten Dam (also in my roadcc team as cover for not having Mollema). You've got Nieve (in my roadcc team as before), Quintana, Mollema, Kreuziger so not so much difference actually. Both got 5 transfers left.

My best game is Cycling News where I could win a minileague with a decent prize for the overall if my bonus stage (double points -it's really the Halfords game) goes well. It's Alpe d'Huez and I've already got Froome, Quintana, Valverde (had him in from before the echelons but he may go stage hunting now), Mollema, Ten Dam, Kreuziger, Nieve, Anton and Bardet so hoping for a GC day that day! Could win a weekly prize as not many people have mountain stages as their bonus stage (trip to Vuelta or books in the minileague).

Whatever happens today one team should do well!

Best of luck!

andynic replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

In the same cycling news mini league as you, Alan - unfortunately just lost two transfers - emailed them, but it's rather messed up my plans for the week. Good luck!

Alan Tullett replied to andynic | 10 years ago
0 likes
andynic wrote:

In the same cycling news mini league as you, Alan - unfortunately just lost two transfers - emailed them, but it's rather messed up my plans for the week. Good luck!

You're Sean Kelly's Rear Wheel? Stage 1 didn't work out as a bonus stage, did it? That messed up a lot of teams. We've got 4 the same. Chavanal might work out for you today. I need Alpe d'Huez to go to form to stand a chance of winning.

I had problems with the transfers last night as well at first. After 11:01 they didn't appear. I was getting worried I can tell you. Eventually logged out and then back in again and they appeared. Phew!!

andynic replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

You're Sean Kelly's Rear Wheel? Stage 1 didn't work out as a bonus stage, did it? That messed up a lot of teams. We've got 4 the same. Chavanal might work out for you today. I need Alpe d'Huez to go to form to stand a chance of winning.

I had problems with the transfers last night as well at first. After 11:01 they didn't appear. I was getting worried I can tell you. Eventually logged out and then back in again and they appeared. Phew!!

Yep - Stage 1 was a disaster. I made 4 transfers yesterday but got deducted 6 - think because I changed two halfway through, though I didn't save so should have only been 4 - we'll see.

Good luck with Alpe d'Huez - you must have a chance.

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

90 odd point off first, hoping to break into the top 5 tomorrow and top premium.

I think the fact I can bank transfers for the rest of the week will help me towards to the last few stages.

Really hope I can pull back that deficit!

enrique replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

... I think the fact I can bank transfers for the rest of the week will help me towards to the last few stages...

20  4

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

There will be a group who get away (i bet 90% will be French) and they will hit Ventoux with a 7 minute gap to the GC boys who will then set a pace to the top that will ultimately shed everyone bar about 6 riders -

Froome
Quintana
Mollema
Contador
Valverde
Rodriguez.

Out of that group i hope Froome kicks their arses and wins by a country mile. Happy days  4

livestrongnick replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

There will be a group who get away (i bet 90% will be French) and they will hit Ventoux with a 7 minute gap to the GC boys who will then set a pace to the top that will ultimately shed everyone bar about 6 riders -

Froome
Quintana
Mollema
Contador
Valverde
Rodriguez.

Out of that group i hope Froome kicks their arses and wins by a country mile. Happy days  4

Nice prediction stumps, epic win again from Froome dog!  41

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Think I will have 5 that can score  39 may change my mind, but it would mean no froome and penalty points  39

Pages

Latest Comments